+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: why is "the town full of p@does" chant not deemed offensive?

why is "the town full of p@does" chant not deemed offensive?

Norwich fans singing it at the top of their voices entering the stadium and inside the ground.

I know there are laws on offensive chants but why is this one not categorised as offensive?

There could be families of the victims of the abuse scandal in the stadium, or even the victims themselves.

On way to ground a few idiots we’re singing it at us right next to the police they did nothing.
    We had kids with us it’s disgusting.
    One of us challenged the Norwich fans to shut the **** up the police told us to basically shut up and move on.
    Did nothing about the chants cause it’s accepted as the norm now.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Norwich fans singing it at the top of their voices entering the stadium and inside the ground.

I know there are laws on offensive chants but why is this one not categorised as offensive?

There could be families of the victims of the abuse scandal in the stadium, or even the victims themselves.
    You've got a point IBS. It riles me every time. Quite a lot of games I sit in the family stand towards the away end and it's that chant that winds me up.

The thing is, most clubs who sing it will no doubt have the same problem (ie sheffield, Birmingham, teams around the north west, forest-when they inevitably sing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    You've got a point IBS. It riles me every time. Quite a lot of games I sit in the family stand towards the away end and it's that chant that winds me up.

The thing is, most clubs who sing it will no doubt have the same problem (ie sheffield, Birmingham, teams around the north west, forest-when they inevitably sing it).
    What gets me is the fans who sing it have no thought for the victims of the abuse.

There must be people in the crowd who know or who are related to the victims.

Just imagine how they feel?

Do the opposition fans sing it at Titan's games? Is it yet again down to the fact that football fans are without class, or at least they are prepared to behave that way? Do any Millers fans try and stop the others when they start the 'scab' chants against Nottingham teams? It's only banter after all, isn't it?

banter?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post

True, even Blackburn fans were doing it, are they completely ignorant of what's going on in their own town?

I didn't actually hear Norwich do it in the ground though but outside is probably worse anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    On way to ground a few idiots we’re singing it at us right next to the police they did nothing.
    We had kids with us it’s disgusting.
    One of us challenged the Norwich fans to shut the **** up the police told us to basically shut up and move on.
    Did nothing about the chants cause it’s accepted as the norm now.
    The police doing nothing is the reason the away fans are chanting it.

Rotherham police are the best at doing nothing.

Great fire, at the top of New York way, a group of about 50 or 60 Norwich fans were singing it. Right next to the people collecting for Sight and Sound.

One of the collectors could not believe it. She looked visibly shocked and couldn't believe people would make fun of the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Do the opposition fans sing it at Titan's games? Is it yet again down to the fact that football fans are without class, or at least they are prepared to behave that way? Do any Millers fans try and stop the others when they start the 'scab' chants against Nottingham teams? It's only banter after all, isn't it?
    No definitely not. Rugby Union fans have a lot more class than football fans.

I also feel the fact that scab isn't starred out and peado is answers your question.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast