+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why is "the town full of p@does" chant not deemed offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    No definitely not. Rugby Union fans have a lot more class than football fans.

I also feel the fact that scab isn't starred out and peado is answers your question.
    Well it normally is.
    *****phile
    There you go!

Just FYI - Any words starred out on here are done so because in the past one of the moderators has set it up to be that way, not down to anything FootyMad has done.

I know people will be against this but maybe some thought should go into changing the name of the club?

Maybe to Millers United.

The association with Rotherham isn't good for the club, two more bad news stories just yesterday, worse council in the country yet people keep voting in the same party, who have shamed the town, back into power, so nothing will change and the bad publicity will keep coming.
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-03-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Just FYI - Any words starred out on here are done so because in the past one of the moderators has set it up to be that way, not down to anything FootyMad has done.
    Anyway, to say people like to shag kids is a lot more offensive than talking about the miners strike (in my opinion that is).

I'd definitely rather be a scab than a peado lol

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    True, even Blackburn fans were doing it, are they completely ignorant of what's going on in their own town?

I didn't actually hear Norwich do it in the ground though but outside is probably worse anyway.
    I was talking to a Blackburn fan (his Dad was from Blackburn and he's from Rotherham). I asked him if he sang it against us and he said yes, acting cocky. I said well you're a peado then aren't you? (I'd had a few by this point but I just kept telling him that he must be a peado if he sings it). He didn't like it (another thick football fan though)!!

The chanting of this vile act says much more about the people who do it than us. These are fathers and husbands and sons, that would call themselves moral folk, but on occasion at football matches, exercise their right to prove that that are total morons.

It’s a stain that will never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s a stain that will never go away.
    A fantastic achievement by Rotherham Council, to make the town famous worldwide for *****philia.

And they all got away scot free, no charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Anyway, to say people like to shag kids is a lot more offensive than talking about the miners strike (in my opinion that is).

I'd definitely rather be a scab than a peado lol
    Would you like everyone questioning if your wife takes it up the a@$e? Do opposing teams still chant about the ***uality of Brighton fans? Let's be honest, if you are going to be offended by chants at football matches you might as well stop going because it's not going to cease is it? Doesn't mean it's right though so maybe someone can start a Kick It Out campaign against offensive 'banter'.

Millers United doesn't work with the initials.

Has to begin with R.

What about Redmill United?

Got it all there, two nicknames for the price of one and no unfortunate connotations.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast