+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pigs 4 - Man U 4

Pigs 4 - Man U 4

Watched the game on YouTube. Man U fans invading pitch to try and get game abandoned ( according to Keith
    Macklin ) when they were 2 goals down. Managed to spot 4 Pigs at the bottom of the Kop. Ground just about totally red and white, which is as it should be.

Was at the sty for that game. On the kop and it was Man U everywhere. Was there a year or 2 earlier for a night game when Man U won 3-1. Think Best 2 and Charlton scored. On Leppers Lane that night sat on my mates Dads shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Was at the sty for that game. On the kop and it was Man U everywhere. Was there a year or 2 earlier for a night game when Man U won 3-1. Think Best 2 and Charlton scored. On Leppers Lane that night sat on my mates Dads shoulders.
    I was actually at Maine Road that day stood on the Kippax end as we played Man City Away - Dec 7th I think it was.
    The Kippax hordes were going crazy as news was filtering through that Man U were 3-1 down or something similar (No Social media back then remember)

The game at Maine Road wasn't far behind either in terms of excitement as we were narrowly beaten 3-2. I think Rodney Marsh got a couple that day. We were on a steady decline despite being unaware at the time as before we knew it we were to end up in the depths of the Football League a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Watched the game on YouTube. Man U fans invading pitch to try and get game abandoned ( according to Keith
    Macklin ) when they were 2 goals down. Managed to spot 4 Pigs at the bottom of the Kop. Ground just about totally red and white, which is as it should be.
    That game was a classic back then as Man Utd were in the 2nd Division then (Could you just imagine that today ??) and bounced straight back that season.

Man Utd would bring 20 thousand fans across the pennines to both Hillsborough and the Lane with no ticketing and a total disregard for any type of crowd segregation.

News at Ten on Saturday evenings reported regularly on crowd trouble earlier that day where the number of arrests would be in the 100s and that game at Hillsborough in particular was accompanied by the "gongs" at the start of the programme.

In those days the ground would fill up then the gates would be locked so when Man U came to the Lane it would be advisable to get down there for 12-30 to even get in and I can remember the days when Man U fans would be on the Shoreham end in their thousands well before 1-00pm for a 3pm kick off.

20000 to the Lane. Never happened.

Was there on the Kop for that game and the other memorable one against Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    20000 to the Lane. Never happened.
    Thinking back they had our Kop a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Thinking back they had our Kop a couple of times.
    That must have been before 1970 was it?i can remember one night game when the Dirtbags got on our Kop en massed at 6pm,in the days before all ticket games,but not Man Utd

was at that 4 4 game at the sty in the south stand kop end which was rammed with man u just a little mob of about 100 wendies at bottom corner that was the day the white horse went over the wall on to the kop was a great game that night game the year before bestie tore em apart second half and yes they did usually bring 20k to sheffield

Used to go on the Kop throughout 60/70's. Man U had the side of the Kop a couple of times but never the whole of it. Same once with Man City. Dirtbags did get on once very early and that was the most away fans I've ever seen on the Kop. Can't believe the stewards and police didn't realise who they were.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast