+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who sets crowd limits

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Yes people who love the doom.

They were all saying masks were irrelevant a year ago, then changed track just cause they come under pressure to do so from a dozen or so " journalists".

There has been one study, one, the Norwegian study which most medical journals refused to publish until they tweaked the wording slightly, very very slightly in favour of masks indoors.

The real life study that has been taking place in this country for over a year is conclusive proof for me.

Not medical grade, people don't wear them properly, continually touch their face.

If people want to put a bucket over their heid with whas like us on it.....crack on.....I couldn't care, they'd get the same look as a dab in wig and boiler suit.

Just don't tell me it's freedom to wear one, it's not, it's bull.

Apart from Belfast I've never worn one.....Never.....and never will.

I've been to hospital, doctors, dentists, shops, clubs, pubs etc etc.....been challenged twice.

I suspect if I didnae look as I do I'd be challenged more but I still don't think I'd be challenged much.

It's a complete and utter waste of time, like owning a rack of ties with no shirts.

Johnson Hancock and the rest were exactly the same with the....buullllll****.....Sturgeon just wants it to go on and on and on.
    I agree but there some down south saying Johnson is being reckless, don't like the man but at times he cannot win.
    Day after Boris planned on binning mask wearing you have doctors on TV telling fowk it's still safer to wear. That then flegs elderly and others who then look down on those no wearing one. No place around me locally, pubs, shops, bookies, library don't really care yay or nay now.

What can the SNP do? They have run a very disciplined media campaign about covid. They have not admitted that the virus is endemic and will never be killed and they can't move on without a serious change of attitude. As has been said Boris is not trusted because he changes his mind and reacts to changes in circumstances. I can't understand how he has managed to retain the hope of Freedom Day when you consider that Scotland seems to be the country with the worst infection rate in Europe. soemthing doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    What can the SNP do? They have run a very disciplined media campaign about covid. They have not admitted that the virus is endemic and will never be killed and they can't move on without a serious change of attitude. As has been said Boris is not trusted because he changes his mind and reacts to changes in circumstances. I can't understand how he has managed to retain the hope of Freedom Day when you consider that Scotland seems to be the country with the worst infection rate in Europe. soemthing doesn't add up.
    The SNP said last summer they were on the verge of eradicating Covid in Scotland.

They are now saying Scots are less resistant to new strains of Covid.

Still the fückin idiots vote for them.

Its a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The SNP said last summer they were on the verge of eradicating Covid in Scotland.

They are now saying Scots are less resistant to new strains of Covid.

Still the fückin idiots vote for them.

Its a cult.
    God help working Scots if they ever got their way. The financial prospects would appear to be catastrophic,

Quote Originally Posted by parcbara View Post
    God help working Scots if they ever got their way. The financial prospects would appear to be catastrophic,
    That is the problem with the pro independence supporters. They think that an independent Scotland will be like Brigadoon.

Now to get back to the topic.
    I enclose an article from the BBC Scotland website which states that football clubs can apply to their local authority to have their attendances increased from the laid down level for the tier they are currently in. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57778616
    Aberdeen FC who are in Tier 1 and can have a maximum of 1,000 spectators have applied for a maximum attendance of 8,200 up to and including 1st August.
    Therefore there is nothing to prevent John Nelms applying to Dundee City Council to have the maximum attendance at Dens Park increased to say 5,000 or 6,000 spectators.
    What I cannot understand is why there is two metre social distancing in football grounds where people are sitting outdoors whilst there is one metre social distancing in other places such as Calmac ferries with passengers sitting indoors.
    As a result the island of Islay had its first ever clusters of the Covid-19 virus in the middle of last month. It may have been sooner but it took until 15th June for the Argyll and Bute health authorities to admit that there were Covid-19 clusters on Islay.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose an article from the BBC Scotland website which states that football clubs can apply to their local authority to have their attendances increased from the laid down level for the tier they are currently in. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57778616
    Aberdeen FC who are in Tier 1 and can have a maximum of 1,000 spectators have applied for a maximum attendance of 8,200 up to and including 1st August.
    Therefore there is nothing to prevent John Nelms applying to Dundee City Council to have the maximum attendance at Dens Park increased to say 5,000 or 6,000 spectators.
    What I cannot understand is why there is two metre social distancing in football grounds where people are sitting outdoors whilst there is one metre social distancing in other places such as Calmac ferries with passengers sitting indoors.
    As a result the island of Islay had its first ever clusters of the Covid-19 virus in the middle of last month. It may have been sooner but it took until 15th June for the Argyll and Bute health authorities to admit that there were Covid-19 clusters on Islay.
    Been saying that for weeks, but for some reason we’re not doing it.

Spain changing law to be able to take possesion of people's assets.

Vaccine passports look like coming here.

Boris rowing back a bit on "freedom day"

You will own nothing and be happy.🙄

500 in Dens......

Anyone had enuf yet?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Been saying that for weeks, but for some reason we’re not doing it.
    Why are the local papers not picking up on this? It's a good story, applies to both clubs so what is the justification for 500 fans?

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I did not realise that the crowd limit was potentially within our influence. I attended the West Ham game and had to wear a mask whilst in my seat. Outside. What is that about?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)