+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll say

I'll say

Another 10/15% drop in season tic sales.

They just don't seem to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Another 10/15% drop in season tic sales.

They just don't seem to get it.
    I’d go higher than that , I’ve got a season ticket this year and the past 20 odd years , I won’t be renewing mines even though I’m actually due my first oap ticket in may ,

im with numeruno with this one rros
    i think mcpakes style of play during most of this season with 1 striker up front (sometimes resulting in only 1 or 2 shots at goal) will have taken its toll on the numbers that will be sold i think you may be out by upto 10/15% on your higher estimate,i think the club is in for a shock

criminal really

Maybe there will be a boost in sales because we are playing better and depending on who is relegated we might be fav's to go up next season, in the event we don't get promotion via the play offs.

Any idea how much money is actually raised by ST holders. I think there was comment a couple of seasons ago that if we could get 1000 more ST's sold that would cover the loss of about £300k. If we have 3500 ST holders then using the numbers that would mean the ST's are worth £1.05m. 10% drop as suggested might add £100k to the losses. When you take into account the level of wages being paid it seems to me that this will be where the reductions in costs can be made, and of course not having a complete revamp in the summer would save at least £500k, IMO.

I think that the Americans have not understood just how important the product on the pitch is. Winning is a given but getting the team playing as if they actually care about the club and their individual performances, has much more of an influence on ST sales than a ST price of £340, or £300, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    im with numeruno with this one rros
    i think mcpakes style of play during most of this season with 1 striker up front (sometimes resulting in only 1 or 2 shots at goal) will have taken its toll on the numbers that will be sold i think you may be out by upto 10/15% on your higher estimate,i think the club is in for a shock

criminal really
    Hopefully McPake has actually moved on from the theory of how to play as per his coaching manuals and he's got the message that defenders defend, we need 2 up top and some threat from the wings.
    Trouble is maybe he got lucky with Berra and if he goes, Forster and Meekings will drop their levels of performance because the brain has gone back to Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Maybe there will be a boost in sales because we are playing better and depending on who is relegated we might be fav's to go up next season, in the event we don't get promotion via the play offs.

Any idea how much money is actually raised by ST holders. I think there was comment a couple of seasons ago that if we could get 1000 more ST's sold that would cover the loss of about £300k. If we have 3500 ST holders then using the numbers that would mean the ST's are worth £1.05m. 10% drop as suggested might add £100k to the losses. When you take into account the level of wages being paid it seems to me that this will be where the reductions in costs can be made, and of course not having a complete revamp in the summer would save at least £500k, IMO.

I think that the Americans have not understood just how important the product on the pitch is. Winning is a given but getting the team playing as if they actually care about the club and their individual performances, has much more of an influence on ST sales than a ST price of £340, or £300, IMO.
    Included in the number of season ticket holders will be a number of under 12s paying the princely sum of £1.
    I think that the club have yet again got things wrong with the season ticket price for the under 18s which is £115. That is a huge jump for someone moving up from the under 12 age group to the under 18 age group.
    The club should be pulling out all the stops to make the season ticket for ****agers up to the age of and including 18 as low as possible.
    ****agers are a lot more independent and there are lots of other competing attractions possibly at a lower cost which could encourage them to stop attending home games at Dens. That is not including the poor performances by Dundee players each season.

Why does the word that covers people aged between 13 and 19 inclusive have ****agers. Is this Political Correctness gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Why does the word that covers people aged between 13 and 19 inclusive have ****agers. Is this Political Correctness gone mad.
    Maybe agers are the problem tenager, oldager ****

Nope you are right **** is a asterisk word.

It's the structure of who pays what rather than style of play for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)