+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hewitson out

Sacking the manager by phone tells you everything you need to know about our coward of a Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    As for getting sacked via text. If that's true who cares ?? He's led us to hanging on to our championship status in our centenary year as well!!
    We owe him nothing ! What about all that cash us season ticket holders have wasted watching his crap football he's dished up? We are the ones who have lost out, the paying fan. I don't give a flying s*** how he got sacked. Just glad he's gone ! No loyalty in football on either side, it's a cut throat business and those involved all know the score.
    Be it a text message or a phonecall, either way shows how amateurish we are off the park. They would have known after the Thistle game he was for the chop and should have took him into the boardroom then. An utterly embarrassing way to treat an employee.

Francis, Nunez and anyone else who thinks that calling for the chairman's head without having a proper plan in place is logical and sensible, may I reiterate my earlier statement:

"This rash decision to get rid of the very person who is keeping the club afloat is a bit like blowing up the lifeboats while the ship is sinking.
    Francis it is bloody awful to think that Queens might not be in the Championship come 4.45 pm on Saturday, but let's not shoot ourselves in both feet."

Come on guys, what the hell are you thinking of? You're beginning to sound like some petulant schoolboys who don't like their teacher or the education system......just because!

Some people on this thread seem to be leading experts on PR, employment regulations, how the team should be set up and the ability (or otherwise) of our chairman, - but they have no plan in place for what to do once they have ousted him!

Getting rid of someone,............ just because, is certainly not a good plan.

well proof of the pudding will be shown in the next few seasons which fans are right and which are wrong about new leadership debate lol .

Quote Originally Posted by nunez View Post
    Sacking the manager by phone tells you everything you need to know about our coward of a Chairman.
    And I'm sure there are a lot of "big men or women" ranting about the Chairman on here who wouldn't say boo to him if they met him face to face. I would suggest that anyone who thinks he is unapproachable either hasn't tried to approach him or they do it in the wrong manner. Yes he has made some bad, even terrible decisions, sacking Naysmith wasn't one of them, but remember the aftermath of Davy Rae's much vaunted tenure which led to the Save Our South campaign and beneficiaries, including the Chairman, writing off debts or putting money into the Club when it was needed to stave off huge losses, maybe even administration. There's also the usual kneejerk call of "Sack the Chairman, but I've no idea who will take over". I'm sure he'll know when his time is up anyway but that decision may not all be down to his own choosing.

When I look at this thread my thoughts are- to quote two memorable sayings- ' the grass isn't always greener elsewhere' and 'you don't always realise what you have until its gone'.

Hewitson has been trying to sell his shares for a long time now. There are people out there who would take the opportunity to lead Queens, but they are not willing to feed his greed.

It still doesn't change the fact we have to live within our means no matter who is in charge.
    We lost 200k last year. We're running thread bare for a reason!

If the other board members weren't happy about what ever they are meant to be unhappy about? I'm sure they could mount a vote of no confidence and oust him if they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Hewitson has been trying to sell his shares for a long time now. There are people out there who would take the opportunity to lead Queens, but they are not willing to feed his greed.
    Buying Hewitson's shares and him standing down doesn't necessarily mean the person who buys them will suddenly take over the Chairman role. I doubt if he was elected Chairman because of the number of shares he owns. Any prospective Chairman, if not someone already on the Board, would surely first have to be elected onto the Board and then elected Chairman. Hewitson's is not the owner of the Club despite how some fans view him. As for "feeding his greed", any shareholder willing to sell his shares at a loss when people are willing to buy them isn't much of a businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Buying Hewitson's shares and him standing down doesn't necessarily mean the person who buys them will suddenly take over the Chairman role. I doubt if he was elected Chairman because of the number of shares he owns. Any prospective Chairman, if not someone already on the Board, would surely first have to be elected onto the Board and then elected Chairman. Hewitson's is not the owner of the Club despite how some fans view him. As for "feeding his greed", any shareholder willing to sell his shares at a loss when people are willing to buy them isn't much of a businessman.
    A very good appraisal of the situation at board level at Palmerston which hopefully educates those constantly calling for the chairman's head that it is far from a straight forward process which is not in the hands of the supporters.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)