+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brfcs posts I agree with..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    The amount of goals we concede can not be put down to individual errors, it happens too often.
    We've got the third best defensive record in D.1
    And we are joint-highest scorers!!
    Disaster strikes...

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    We've got the third best defensive record in D.1
    And we are joint-highest scorers!!
    Disaster strikes...
    I'm not sure 3rd best in league one is that great. Wigan far better in terms of goals conceded. Its not even close.

Stats papering over the cracks. You not going to tell me I should judge Rovers off stats are you? After being criticised for doing just that in years gone by?

Stats papering over the cracks. You not going to tell me I should judge Rovers off stats are you? After being criticised for doing just that in years gone by?
    Come on, Saxo? You complained about the number of goals conceded. Only two teams have done better. That's not "papering over the cracks"!
    And we are third, comfortably clear of the fourth team. As I said, a stranger reading a lot of the recent posts on various Rovers sites would think we were in the middle of a massive meltdown.
    We lost to Plymouth, who then beat Shrewsbury, away. Has it occurred to you that they are much-improved, and one of the current form-teams?
    The biggest load of repeated rubbish that is appearing on those sites is this: "It doesn't matter who we are playing. Mowbray should only concentrate on his own team."
    What? And be the only professional manager in the world who doesn't take the strengths, weaknesses and style of the opposition into account?

Putting aside the 'I know better than you'. Which is what this 'debate has descended to'.
    And by that I am not putting down any on either side of this. But it's a forum for gods sake, where we all have chance to discuss and air our thoughts and opinions.
    I have no problem reading the 'thoughts' of others that Sax has posted up on this thread, as if he hadn't I wouldn't have bothered looking at LT comments as I know beforehand what I would read. But a little unsure of why he feels the need to. I would think its best on a forum to stick with own personal thoughts. Otherwise it becomes a 'my gangs bigger than your gang' playground scenario.
    And that's my own personal concern!
    Dear me, we (maybe a larger than comfortable proportion of our support base) seem to simply revel in doom mongering and putting down virtually every single aspect that doesn't suit them.
    Way, way too overboard. We seem to be our own worst enemy.
    I understand worry and concern over our failure to nail that top two spot, as that's the 'comfort zone' they crave and quite honestly seem to think is our God given right.
    I'm afraid that's a blinkered view and not facing up to it has to be earned and as yet it hasn't, but that doesn't mean to say it won't.
    Their postings are constantly 'predictions' as in a betting shop, not put over as what they really are - opinions.
    Constantly it's a I'm right, you're wrong argument.
    It's very easy for anyone to be dragged down this road when the most aggressive 'side' gets far too carried away.

TM's been good for this club, that's something I am prepared to say is a fact. I am also happy to recognise that there is a small question mark as to whether he can 'carry this through'. But whats new there?

I myself have no idea whether TM's goal is promo first time, or your toast. I myself have posted that IMO it's been last chance saloon over some years now, and yet they're still here funding! Ergo I've stopped concerning over it as I just can't figure them out.

I've no idea how this seasons 'cash flow' , stacks up against last years, so if that is all that's considered maybe we're no worse off. I just don't know.

Ps: Sax seeing as you posted it, could you explain the: 'mfg manager rather than football one' to me as I still can't understand just what he/they mean ??? If you can't and or he/they can't maybe I should discount their opinion ��

Last ps/edit, please do not take this as a personal criticism it's just that I felt a calming down was in order. There's more than enough of this on LT
    Last edited by Despair; 12-02-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Putting aside the 'I know better than you'. Which is what this 'debate has descended to'.
    And by that I am not putting down any on either side of this. But it's a forum for gods sake, where we all have chance to discuss and air our thoughts and opinions.
    I have no problem reading the 'thoughts' of others that Sax has posted up on this thread, as if he hadn't I wouldn't have bothered looking at LT comments as I know beforehand what I would read. But a little unsure of why he feels the need to. I would think its best on a forum to stick with own personal thoughts. Otherwise it becomes a 'my gangs bigger than your gang' playground scenario.
    And that's my own personal concern!
    Dear me, we (maybe a larger than comfortable proportion of our support base) seem to simply revel in doom mongering and putting down virtually every single aspect that doesn't suit them.
    Way, way too overboard. We seem to be our own worst enemy.
    I understand worry and concern over our failure to nail that top two spot, as that's the 'comfort zone' they crave and quite honestly seem to think is our God given right.
    I'm afraid that's a blinkered view and not facing up to it has to be earned and as yet it hasn't, but that doesn't mean to say it won't.
    Their postings are constantly 'predictions' as in a betting shop, not put over as what they really are - opinions.
    Constantly it's a I'm right, you're wrong argument.
    It's very easy for anyone to be dragged down this road when the most aggressive 'side' gets far too carried away.

TM's been good for this club, that's something I am prepared to say is a fact. I am also happy to recognise that there is a small question mark as to whether he can 'carry this through'. But whats new there?

I myself have no idea whether TM's goal is promo first time, or your toast. I myself have posted that IMO it's been last chance saloon over some years now, and yet they're still here funding! Ergo I've stopped concerning over it as I just can't figure them out.

I've no idea how this seasons 'cash flow' , stacks up against last years, so if that is all that's considered maybe we're no worse off. I just don't know.

Ps: Sax seeing as you posted it, could you explain the: 'mfg manager rather than football one' to me as I still can't understand just what he/they mean ??? If you can't and or he/they can't maybe I should discount their opinion ��

Last ps/edit, please do not take this as a personal criticism it's just that I felt a calming down was in order. There's more than enough of this on LT

I'm worried about Rotherham. They are very close to catching us. I still think Shrewsbury will miss out. If we did have to play in the play-offs we wouldn't want to meet them, anything can happen. Plymouth could sneak in aswell, another decent side in form. One side generally goes on a run, starting about now, and goes up. And they usually come from nowhere.

I really did think we would have started to get on another run by now, and started to pull away.

The few problems that need addressing should get us back on track.
    Bell (at home) cant be played as a winger. TM needs to decide which LB to play, tough as it is, between him and Williams. Bell imo will be far more effectrive at LB. I don't mind TM playing that left side of both away from home, but not at Ewood.
    After taking (he had to, he was absolutely shocking) Downing off, that's the last time (injuries depending) we should see him this season. Since he got his contract, he has been very poor. Nowhere near good enough for the Champ, we didn't need to sign him perm. Lenihan played well, and for 90 mins the other day. He needs to start alongside Mulgrew.
    Payne is NOT a RW. Playing him in that position is just pointless. Bennett hasn't been effective in the centre. He was poor first half on Sat. Once TM swapped them both around, Payne ran the game, Bennett was decent, and protected Nyambe. who was at fault (again) for their first goal. He tried, but he wasn't quite good enough, again. This problem has to be addressed, not reacted to, addressed from the start, not when we are 2 down! Recent results have been down to Downing's lack of ability (also not having a fully fit Mulgrew next to him, and it showed!!)

Smallwood needs a rest. Poor again on Sat, like Downing. This season has simply caught up with both him and Downing. Travis is the MAN!! We have found the missing piece. He is just as good as Smallwood, he IS ready. He is a nice footballer. He also can pass the ball. Both him and Payne need to play CM. And Armstrong has to play LW. Maybe at home play him inside alongside Graham a little bit more. But one of Mowbrays problems, he is loyal. And dropping someone like Smallwood wont be taken lightly. He had to go off on Sat, he was very poor. Again.
    But first half on Sat was poor, very poor. The last time we where that poor was away at Oldham. Byrne ran the game (first half) for them, just like at Boundary Park.
    We have to stop being too defensive at home, its going to mean we miss out on going up. I don't mind the odd mistake, that's football. But we really do need to learn and quick. We have the best squad in the whole division. And the best manager. 3 new players are having to find their feet, at a crucial time. However, playing them all out of position (Bell and Payne on sat) makes no sense. No point bringing them in, if they arent going to be played (Armstrong!!!!!!!!!) or playing them in in-effective positions! Payne is not a RW. He's proven that now, so lets not flog this dead horst. Bennett is a CM. And Travis is ready to start for the first team.
    TM has some work to do here, or we will miss out all together, which would be terrible.
    Last edited by champs95; 12-02-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Oh yes it did. At the end if the game it did, today it doesn't. After thenemotions have calmed down it is what it is, 2 points dropped at home against a team we should be taking 3 points from. Over coaching by our version of tinkerman, too much concern for how to stifle them with the side effect of actually stifling us. How well did that work?

We got lucky on 2 fronts, our automatic spot chasing rivals dropped points and yiung Travis may be the latest to show some real promise. I'll temper that with one word, Tomlinson, who had a similar eye catching performance then immediatley faded. Can we use this yiung lad with Smallwood in place of Bennett, who I thought was awful, I saw some of what Rev mentions. I think it was him that lost the ball for their first and on several occasions I watched him watch the ball run right by him when I thought he should have gained possesion, lazy? scared? I don't know but un-acceptable.

On to Tuesday, I just have little faith. Until I start to see Mowbary consistantly send our lads out to win I won't have. Tony, point out the opponents strengths and weaknesses to our lads then tell em go out there, give their all, have fun, express themselves and win. I really think we have the squad to do it but they need to be allowed to go gung ho once in a while. That's my two cents and that's why I manage mfg people and not football teams.

Hang on ....you simply cant have it anyway you want it here? That's just not on. And discredits your posts.
    Last week we lost to Plymouth. You where very vocal. Shrewsbury lost at HOME to the same side. And you have NO COMMENT? Hang on pal, if we where shocking last week? How come Shrewsbury .....in your ( I say 'your' you openly admit you are handpicking posts from certain BRFC's posters who's opinion suit your own, incorrect or not) where not?
    Do you really think Shrewsbury fans are all sat talking ****e this morning because they lost at home? This is the same Shrews who we battered the other week? The same one your talking up? Who lost on Sat? Makes no sense, from somebody who just simply doesn't understand football, and doesn't go.
    That's the trouble with not going, and reading comments from folk who also don't go and don't understand football. Its the blind leading the blind.

Also you say you 'lost faith'. Sorry, when did this happen? You have been negative all season, even when we win. If we win, its because you 'expect' us to? Makes no sense over a whole season. If we lose, you blame the manager. Nobody else, just the manager. Makes no sense, again. As if we win, surley you would commend the manager? But in your world, any success is 'expected' and any defeat is soley one persons fault? Again .....makes no sense?

Your are wrong, and I don't mind telling you. Just mine is based on actually going and seeing myself.
    You say your consistent? I've always maintained if we are poor, I will say why. I will also suggest where we went wrong, why and what we should do about fixing it. Not sitting watching results (some of which I will chose to ignore to suit my own argument/point) on BBC sport and forming my opinions from clueless cretins who post on BRFC, who have moaned all season. If its good, I will say so.

All I want to know is one simple thing? Please answer this.
    Did you really expect us, Shrewsbury and Wigan to not lose any games between now and the end of the season? I'm intruiged.

Champs , my hats off to you sir. That's two excellent posting/replies there.
    Very well balanced thought out deliveries, all without manic drama.
    Why can't Sax accept that we ALL recognise where we go wrong (when we do), and accept players and managers are human.
    I have the decency and sense to take full note of Champs 'live observations' rather than some journo's take, or faceless poster from - who knows?

I, like you (Sax) am forming opinion from 'reporting's, therefore I always stress mine I am determining from 'what I can gather'. I would never claim, it gives me a better platform than from someone who was there and has demonstrated fair and balanced viewpoint.
    Champs has the honesty to declare that his earlier positivity has taken a minor knock, in terms of the rebound has not yet arrived. But in balance he looks at the full picture and dissects it and in doing so can see where this bounce back can be derived from.
    Whether you or anyone else fully agrees with all is bye the bye, but there is enough in there I would think to satisfy most folk that we do indeed have the tools to do the job.
    Yes I know you will say: 'but isn't that is what I'm saying. I quite agree, but you harp on about us 'others' being blinkered / in denial.
    We' re not, we are simply more calm and rational about it.
    For you to sit at a keyboard and make decisions, or me same, or Aucks from all way t'other side of globe, or even Champs sat on stadium is very easy ( with no come back or consequence). TM is doing what he thinks / feels is right, and yes he does display caution over 'gung oh' I think is the term being bandied.
    But be assured, all of us want him to be bolder in the final stages of the current campaign to hopefully see the job through.

That reflects a fear that Venkys have funded the club this season on the basis that that TM promised them promotion. What happens if he doesn't manage it?

You yourself have said in another post that we are only a fortnight away from another disastrous decision from Venkys.

That's almost as" hysterical "as saying "only 15 games to save the club"isn't it?

For the record I don't think you're being hysterical at all with that statement but you are having your cake and eating it.

Our recent record will not see us overtake Shrewsbury, indeed we could be looking over our shoulders at the rising pack if we keep failing to beat teams like Oldham.

This isn't hysteria, its common-sense. And these superior people who keep urging the rest to keep calm are getting on my nerves.
    Again, sorry.
    Shrewsbury failed to beat Oldham at home. What on earth are you talking about? We beat Shrewsbury at home? Again what are you talking about? Wigan failed to beat Southend.
    Are you doing this to wind folk up, like you do on the Clarets site? Saying stuff (that simply isn't true) for a reaction?
    There are 15 games to play this season. Either way you get a 'get out card'. So its easy for you to make these incorrect statements and pass them off as fact. You don't go, so its easy to say all this. You are losing your nerve, because not every result is going our way. That's fine. You mouth off on CM, so this will make you look rather stupid if we don't go up. After winding them up so much.
    And your probably panicking. Making a bold prediction, and sticking by it, also having some faith. That's the true meaning of a footy fan. Ewood sadly isn't full of them. Like the pricks who booed on Sat at HT. Like that will help.
    Here is a prediction, we play Wigan soon. And we will batter them, at least 2 or 3. Because we are much better than them. Does that mean we will finish top? Who knows? But we will batter them. That's a prediction. I'll stick by it. Abd I still maintain we will go up. Another predicition. While I am not happy the last few results, I am also very aware of Rotherham. But I've seen every side in this division. And I also know how dangerous sides at the bottom are about now. If you don't understand football (and you don't) then you simply go into all these games expecting us to beat everyone and anyone. Which if you knew and understood football, you'd know its never that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Champs , my hats off to you sir. That's two excellent posting/replies there.
    Very well balanced thought out deliveries, all without manic drama.
    Why can't Sax accept that we ALL recognise where we go wrong (when we do), and accept players and managers are human.
    I have the decency and sense to take full note of Champs 'live observations' rather than some journo's take, or faceless poster from - who knows?

I, like you (Sax) am forming opinion from 'reporting's, therefore I always stress mine I am determining from 'what I can gather'. I would never claim, it gives me a better platform than from someone who was there and has demonstrated fair and balanced viewpoint.
    Champs has the honesty to declare that his earlier positivity has taken a minor knock, in terms of the rebound has not yet arrived. But in balance he looks at the full picture and dissects it and in doing so can see where this bounce back can be derived from.
    Whether you or anyone else fully agrees with all is bye the bye, but there is enough in there I would think to satisfy most folk that we do indeed have the tools to do the job.
    Yes I know you will say: 'but isn't that is what I'm saying. I quite agree, but you harp on about us 'others' being blinkered / in denial.
    For you to sit at a keyboard and make decisions, or me same, or Aucks from all way t'other side of globe, or even Champs sat on stadium is very easy ( with no come back or consequence). TM is doing what he thinks / feels is right, and yes he does display caution over 'gung oh' I think is the term being bandied.
    But be assured, all of us want him to be bolder in the final stages of the current campaign to hopefully see the job through.
    But be assured, all of us want him to be bolder in the final stages of the current campaign to hopefully see the job through.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully the decent ones can see what I am trying to say. For years I haven't gone, and still commented.
    Your opinion, Auks, Robins etc are just as valid as mine. But you guys don't post reactive, hysterical post everytime we don't get a positive result. Egged on by reading some negative twerp on BRFC's.
    A considered, balanced post is one that considers all factors.
    You cant chose to ignore one teams results, and ONLY look at ours in isolation.
    I guess I am really trying to lend my voice to this, as I think mostly, I am pretty balanced, and I do go most weeks.
    Its a pity Sax just refuses to listen to what I am saying.
    He will trust 100% some random guy on BRFC site. But not mine. Fair enough.
    Thanks for the kind words mate. I really don't want to come across patronising just because I have gone a lot this season.
    You are right, after being ultra confident, my recent confidence has taken a knock. Its frustrated me, I am as peed off as anyone. I also realise the importance of going up. But do you react like this under pressure? Really?
    Its not time for panic etc, its time to support your side. You should take a look at your posts Sax, in comparison to everyone else's. If you just take a balanced look at this, we are still 3rd. Of the top 3 we where the only team in the top 3 to gain a point. If you where sat in my seat at Ewood on Sat, at HT, believe me when I say you'd have taken a point. 2-0 down and playing ****e. Did you even consider how good our fighting spirit is in the camp to do that? But you refuse every single bit of positivity. Meaning your view simply isn't a balanced one. Therefore cant be respected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)