+ Visit Millwall FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made it to top half of Division..........

Quote Originally Posted by redhugh View Post
    was Harry Cripps playing then, one of those names you never forget.
    Harry or “‘arry boy” has he was known did play in that game.. if you haven’t seen it before I have included a YouTube link of the game.
    Ah memory lane!

https://youtu.be/Rr0rtkilN1A

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Harry or “‘arry boy” has he was known did play in that game.. if you haven’t seen it before I have included a YouTube link of the game.
    Ah memory lane!

https://youtu.be/Rr0rtkilN1A
    Cheers settle for the same score on Saturday.....what did you think of Roker Park?

Cheers settle for the same score on Saturday.....what did you think of Roker Park?
    Loud and intimidating! I have no idea what it is like now in the new stadium but I imagine it must be dismal to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Loud and intimidating! I have no idea what it is like now in the new stadium but I imagine it must be dismal to say the least.
    When it first opened the SOL was fantastic of course we were doing well but these last few seasons have drained the heart out of the supporters, we just go expecting to get beat which is sad really. Also think the fans thes days are different to what we were when we were young all they want is premier league.

When it first opened the SOL was fantastic of course we were doing well but these last few seasons have drained the heart out of the supporters, we just go expecting to get beat which is sad really. Also think the fans thes days are different to what we were when we were young all they want is premier league.
    Sadly did not get to that game,I was over in Belfast with the Marines.
    Red if you do go down it's not that bad, in the 2 years we were in League 1 we went to Wembly twice, the first was a playoff final against
    Barnsley which we lost and last years final against Bradford which we won.

At least your fans are not letting you down by the mere fact you are bringing 1,500 down the Den.
    Last edited by claw84; 28-02-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Sadly did not get to that game,I was over in Belfast with the Marines.
    Red if you do go down it's not that bad, in the 2 years we were in League 1 we went to Wembly twice, the first was a playoff final against
    Barnsley which we lost and last years final against Bradford which we won.

At least your fans are not letting you down by the mere fact you are bringing 1,500 down the Den.
    To be honest I'm not bothered about the Premiere League where you have the rich clubs and everyone else is playing for places, I would like a well run club and to be competitive...we have sold 1,900 up to now ...hoping the weather improves.

.. I feared the worst when we got beat at home by Barnsley all those months ago, but now even with their new Chinese Billionaire owners they are struggling but I wish them well.
    Tahh Claw, and that helped us when you recently won away at both Birmingham & Burton. We've taken 4 points this week from two away games, and both of those were real 6 pointers so we're now out of the drop zone again!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Tahh Claw, and that helped us when you recently won away at both Birmingham & Burton. We've taken 4 points this week from two away games, and both of those were real 6 pointers so we're now out of the drop zone again!.
    Noticed that Acido, see you have a new goalscorer by name of McBurnie is he a loanee, looks like a good addition.

Redhugh, we do have underground heating at the Den so the game should be on .

Noticed that Acido, see you have a new goalscorer by name of McBurnie is he a loanee, looks like a good addition..
    Yes and we've got a new chant.... ooohhh Ollie McBurnie. Its not original but we do like it because we've found a new goalscorer at last. Hes only on loan from Swansea admittedly, but he could be the big difference in keeping us up.

I still think that bit of experience at times like these can be ***** and we dont really have any of it in the squad, unless you count Adam Hammill & Matt Mills who are both nearer to 30 rather than 20!!.

I thought I would bump this thread up to the top. Claw have a look at my reply to the start of your thread!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)