+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: After 22 games...

After 22 games...

Sky have analysed last season v this season...

"Bruce doing better than Rafa can certainly be put to bed now...

Bruce Rafa

Won 7 7

Drawn 5 6

Lost 10 9

Points 26 27

Goals 21 27

Against 34 26

Poss 33.6% 44.1%

C/s 5 6

Shots
    Faced/pg 15.5 12

I can only see the comparisons widening before the end of the season...

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post

Bruce Rafa

Won 7 7

Drawn 5 6

Lost 10 9

Points 26 27

Goals 21 27

Against 34 26

Poss 33.6% 44.1%

C/s 5 6

Shots
    Faced/pg 15.5 12

Here is the link:
    https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/01/int...castle-united/

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post

Bruce Rafa

Won 7 7

Drawn 5 6

Lost 10 9

Points 26 27

Goals 21 27

Against 34 26

Poss 33.6% 44.1%

C/s 5 6

Shots
    Faced/pg 15.5 12

Now who can be in denial after that official rating.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Now who can be in denial after that official rating.
    We probably aren't allowed to use points after games anymore!😉

Not a fair comparison though,Rafa had Rondon and Perez up front.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Not a fair comparison though,Rafa had Rondon and Perez up front.
    And Bruce has Almiron, the saint, and Willems...

I think the other stats are more telling than the points...don't think the direct comparisons are that key to be fair...but as they were used earlier in the season then surely they should continue to be...

Looking at the stats of us this season the only thing I can't believe is how many points we have mugged playing total dross . Just shows other managers either underestimate our 10 man defence or Cant cope with 80% possession .
    We are using our luck up at a rapid rate .. It's unsustainable to keep boring teams into a mistake week in week out and to score with our only shot of the game .

Bruce has has 22 premier league games trying to put his own stamp on a Rafa drilled outfit that went backwards from the season before.
    Rafa had over 3 seasons to hone his own squad to end up going backwards.

Bruce has had half a season to get a portion of fans off his back and negativity against him down to a manageable level and then to get the players Rafa coached into his way of thinking, whilst also trying to integrate the players Rafa discarded, back into the fold, on top of having to try and integrate new signings also into that fold.

The football's been hit and miss in terms of enjoyment and not too different from Rafa's in the same earlier period of the season.

What Bruce manages from this point on remains to be seen. It's not written.

I think Bruce has done a decent job as it stands and I'm more than happy to see him put more of his stamp on the club for the remainder of this season.

From that point on I'll see where we're at in terms of league position and whether the squad appears to be gaining in stature and quality and whether the mindset of the dressing room appears positive .
    This all remains to be seen because, like I said, it's not written yet.

But it's looking reasonably good so far, given the circumstances of change and injuries..

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Bruce has has 22 premier league games trying to put his own stamp on a Rafa drilled outfit that went backwards from the season before.
    Rafa had over 3 seasons to hone his own squad to end up going backwards.

Bruce has had half a season to get a portion of fans off his back and negativity against him down to a manageable level and then to get the players Rafa coached into his way of thinking, whilst also trying to integrate the players Rafa discarded, back into the fold, on top of having to try and integrate new signings also into that fold.

The football's been hit and miss in terms of enjoyment and not too different from Rafa's in the same earlier period of the season.

What Bruce manages from this point on remains to be seen. It's not written.

I think Bruce has done a decent job as it stands and I'm more than happy to see him put more of his stamp on the club for the remainder of this season.

From that point on I'll see where we're at in terms of league position and whether the squad appears to be gaining in stature and quality and whether the mindset of the dressing room appears positive .
    This all remains to be seen because, like I said, it's not written yet.

But it's looking reasonably good so far, given the circumstances of change and injuries..
    😂

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)