+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Woodrow

On Transfermarkt the figures for recent purchases and sales are--

Radlinger--Free
    Collins---Free
    Halme--£203,000
    Sollbauer--£450,000
    Sibbick--£203,000
    Oduor--Undisclosed
    Andersen--£900,000
    Diaby-- Undisclosed
    Thomas--£1.2 mill
    Ritzmaeir--£450.000
    Ludewig--Loan
    Mowatt--£522,000
    Wilks--£990,000
    Woodrow--£765.000
    Schmidt--£1.08 mill
    Chaplin--Undisclosed

Transferred out included
    Pinnock --£3.02 mill
    Moore--£2.3 mill
    Lyndsay--£2.03 mill
    Bradshaw--£990.000
    Potts--Undisclosed
    Knasmuller--£495,000

This season (from July) there have been 18 outgoings with an income of £7.47 mill +Undisclosed and 21 incomings costing £5.63 mill+ Undisclosed

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    On Transfermarkt the figures for recent purchases and sales are--

Radlinger--Free
    Collins---Free
    Halme--£203,000
    Sollbauer--£450,000
    Sibbick--£203,000
    Oduor--Undisclosed
    Andersen--£900,000
    Diaby-- Undisclosed
    Thomas--£1.2 mill
    Ritzmaeir--£450.000
    Ludewig--Loan
    Mowatt--£522,000
    Wilks--£990,000
    Woodrow--£765.000
    Schmidt--£1.08 mill
    Chaplin--Undisclosed

Transferred out included
    Pinnock --£3.02 mill
    Moore--£2.3 mill
    Lyndsay--£2.03 mill
    Bradshaw--£990.000
    Potts--Undisclosed
    Knasmuller--£495,000

This season (from July) there have been 18 outgoings with an income of £7.47 mill +Undisclosed and 21 incomings costing £5.63 mill+ Undisclosed
    The two on there that shock me (if true) are Anderson and Schmidt. There's seasoned professionals at this level available on free transfers and we're buggering about signing people that are simply not good enough. But as we know the spreadsheet never lies

Schmidt has always been claimed by Barnsley as a million pound striker.
    Transfermarkt is European wide and is probably the biggest and most respected ie accurate database of clubs. I am just the messenger but the figures sound abart reyt to me. Remember payments are sometimes staged over financial years and may include add-ons for such things as promotion being achieved, goals scored, appearances, international call ups etc. The 18 out and 21 in include loans, development players.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-02-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Dunt foget wiv George " hotshot" Miller to come back ! Arr much did he cost ?
    Onnabart Miller , av just seen Ally and Jacqueline rarnd backov towd Wine Shade's , poor blowkes towing to walk nar , he warra gudden forrus tho , that goal he scooard at Donny warra perla 2-2 an feyting like hell afta match , a got mi Levi jacket collar ripped off

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Dunt foget wiv George " hotshot" Miller to come back ! Arr much did he cost ?
    Onnabart Miller , av just seen Ally and Jacqueline rarnd backov towd Wine Shade's , poor blowkes towing to walk nar , he warra gudden forrus tho , that goal he scooard at Donny warra perla 2-2 an feyting like hell afta match , a got mi Levi jacket collar ripped off
    George Miller cost £275,000
    My mate Mamadou Thiam cost £900,000 (Goat recommended him)

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    George Miller cost £275,000
    My mate Mamadou Thiam cost £900,000 (Goat recommended him)
    2 reyt bargains , a think Mama shud bi genna game instead ov Woodrow ! We dunt want Cauley gerrin crocked , wiss get nowt forrim plus id evta stop here
    Another seerson , " why yoo pray Caury siree boy , I roose munny now " !!

A bet Fullam will get a sizeable chunk of any fee we get for Woodrow ? If we did pay 765k for him , then we have done really well , so some credit to the recruitment team , possibly are best goalscorer since Ashley Ward ?

When Struber is told to play Thiam and Schmidt up front after announcing Woodrow is "carrying a knock" we will know the club ev finally given up on this season.

I think Schmidt 'll come good. He's a poacher though and in modern football you have to be raining balls into box from all angles to benefit a striker like him.

Daft signing in sense that he isn't going to oust Woodrow and hasn't the skill to be picked ahead of Brown or the work rate to head Chaplin in the pecking order.

Maybe in an out and out 4-4-2 he'd benefit alongside Woodrow with Brown/Chaplin/ Thomas fighting for wing place.

Collins

J. Williams Sollbauer Halme Oduor

Chaplin Mowatt Ritzmaier Brown

Schmidt Woodrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'm no fan of these owners either.

I don't get it. Just a few years ago fans were saying during years of austerity under Cryne be thankful we've got a club and be grateful we've paid £50 quid for Chris Dagnall. Now fans are avin' a go that these new owners are spending money on players.

Fair enough they might not be the right players but that isn't the point. You can't have it all ways.
    Beg to differ ponte THAT'S the whole point the players they've bought are hopefully to sell on for profit nothing else, our lg status is secondary

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast