+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Hughton sacked by Brighton

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Keeping with the same theme of just trying to avoid relegation with someone who is excellent at getting promotion is barmy.
    You’re trying to see sense where there is none.

I can only assume that Brighton have already tapped on somebody’s shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Wasn't he sacked from Newcastle whilst int Prem after guiding them there as well?

It was rumoured some weeks back that he was going to be replaced. Replacing him with someone who has less experience than him, having not won anything in the game as a manager whilst being in England will go down great and go down they will!
    Frog, already covered that bit, albeit I left out the promotion he got for Newcastle, he also kept them up so another £200 million+ he got Mike Ashley, then he sacked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You’re trying to see sense where there is none.

I can only assume that Brighton have already tapped on somebody’s shoulder
    Grist, don't know if you read all my initial post but, Swansea boss Graham Potter, 43, who joined the club from Swedish side Ostersunds in 2018, is the favourite with the bookmakers to replace Hughton. How about Potter goes to Brighton and Hughton goes to Swansea.

Next season, Swansea go up and Brighton come down. Now that would be poetic justice for Hughton!

I know they have struggled but I honestly thought they would have let him start next season after the summer transfers but these owners all seems hell bent on Prem status etc

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, already covered that bit, albeit I left out the promotion he got for Newcastle, he also kept them up so another £200 million+ he got Mike Ashley, then he sacked him.
    I had forgot about the FA Cup semi final.

Jeees! What do shairmen want these days?

Grist, don't know if you read all my initial post but, Swansea boss Graham Potter, 43, who joined the club from Swedish side Ostersunds in 2018, is the favourite with the bookmakers to replace Hughton. How about Potter goes to Brighton and Hughton goes to Swansea.

Next season, Swansea go up and Brighton come down. Now that would be poetic justice for Hughton!
    Amen to that!

What's the big deal with Graham Potter. Failed miserably at Swansea in my opinion. They have some great players but messed it up big time at the nys. Only just pipped us at their place.
    Finished way off the play offs.
    Not a very good season was it

Yes Brin, I was just going in the assumption that Potter was a smokescreen

Bet SJW Lineker goes on Twitter and implies it's due to racism.

Frank Lampard loves Brighton.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast