+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistically are we going down or staying up ?

Realistically are we going down or staying up ?

I'm in the staying up camp , but it's going to be hard on recent form , Yes or No only !! Your thoughts ?

My heart says staying up but my head fears the worst as the likes of Sunderland and Birmingham will throw a lot more money at it! Thought Millwall might stutter a bit but they seem to have the ability to grind out a few wins, could be Barnsley, Bolton and Burton but I very much hope I am wrong.

All I can say we have to get behind Hecky and the lads and if we do survive we will be in a lot better shape to compete next season!

Really critical who we can get in January.

I think we’re going down though

I think we will stay up, just. We need to be safe before the last game of the season. Coleman will save Sunderland, but I am not sure about Birmingham, no matter how much money they spend.

As previously mentioned Brum and Sunderland will spend their way out of trouble .

We on the other will bag a couple of 18 year old loans and spend £200k on a striker from Stevenage .

The only question that remains is which relegation place we will fill , I'm going for 3rd bottom .

Stay up. We’ll be safe by start of April

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    I think we will stay up, just. We need to be safe before the last game of the season. Coleman will save Sunderland, but I am not sure about Birmingham, no matter how much money they spend.
    Probably Brum have got into more trouble by spending big on players and Management Nozzer ? Sunderland look more likely to get out the bottom 3 , wouldn't be too suprised if Burton did so too ,
    Important we need to get a few wins quick

The last time we went down I felt like we were doomed for a good long while. We'd had a few seasons of dogfights and the drop just seemed inevitable somehow. I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm confident about staying up, but I don't feel that we're dead in the water.

I'd be surprised if Burton and Bolton get out of the bottom two slots. The other one could be any one from half a dozen at this stage.

I thought Sunderland were well and truly skint? I think they'll stay up, but only by wringing the best out of a dysfunctional bunch of prima donnas (their fans description, not mine).

My money's on Brum to take that third from bottom slot. Reds to stay up in 18th place, above Hull, QPR and Sunderland.

Glass half full?

We seem to have lost our pressing game & sharp passing that served us well until recently - we certainly need someone who can get hold of the ball up front as we seem incapable of this at present
    Hope we stay up but the above posts all have merit

Could Hanson currently with the Blades be the experience we need up front ? Only on loan though !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast