+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hecky

Its still a silly choice for me, that club is going in one direction, they have no money and are bottom of the league. The best part is the players they have are has beens and if i was an up and coming manager it would be the last place i would want to go. If hecky goes there he increases his salary for a few months then destroys his reputation and ends up managing Bury or Yeovil (no disrespect).

It would be bad news for our club. We've started signings players (finally) on 3-year contracts & to begin to properly build the team & club up - Hecky signed these players & should show loyalty to the club (I believe that he will do so, irrespective of money - he is loved here & must have noted the experience of Grayson there). Despite their large crowds, they have no money & players who earn a lot but don't deserve to cos they're not good enough. We are moving in the right direction, they aren't.
    Finally, if he leaves, it'll demonstrate that we are a small club that doesn't matter, whenever a so called "big" club comes calling - I'd hoped that selling players (in the way that we have recently) was being addressed (with the exception of Yiadom) - this will undo everything!

There’s always a pecking order and we know where we sit , just above Div 3 clubs .

I wouldn’t go anywhere near that club though, not with that Owner and the over paid prima Donna players ( there fans words )

Money will sway it. Nothing more, nothing less. He must fancy his motivational skills without being bale to bring anyone in until january. They could be firmly cut adrift by then.

And a few of our players will be targets And not just for Mackens

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    And a few of our players will be targets And not just for Mackens
    Owd on a minute Jules. Wiv been told many a time that Mister Lee's money will enable us to offer the kind of contracts that will stop players leaving. Am telling thi nar, when Mister Lee comes in no one will leave.

He'll go, can't loose can he ? If they go down he's not to blame they were too far gone for him to save them, if they stay up he's the messiah. Three year contract and he's made for life, BFC get a million in compensation to sweeten the deal.
    Who cares if he fails and ends up managing in Div 1 or 2, decent deal from Sunderland and he'll never have to worry about money ever again. He's gotten his team promoted, won at Wembley in two finals, more than many managers will ever achieve. Disappointment of course to lose a bloke who's been so good for us but to be honest I'd go.
    Of course they'd be those who start banging on about loyalty, but how much loyalty can he look forward to from new owners.?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Owd on a minute Jules. Wiv been told many a time that Mister Lee's money will enable us to offer the kind of contracts that will stop players leaving. Am telling thi nar, when Mister Lee comes in no one will leave.
    I'm with you all he way SB my only concern is when will Mr Lee come in, hopefully before the January window.

I can't see the Sunderland fans being too exited about the prospects of getting the Barnsley manager they'll want a big name to go with their big club, big expectations and big egos.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    He'll go, can't loose can he ? If they go down he's not to blame they were too far gone for him to save them, if they stay up he's the messiah. Three year contract and he's made for life, BFC get a million in compensation to sweeten the deal.
    Who cares if he fails and ends up managing in Div 1 or 2, decent deal from Sunderland and he'll never have to worry about money ever again. He's gotten his team promoted, won at Wembley in two finals, more than many managers will ever achieve. Disappointment of course to lose a bloke who's been so good for us but to be honest I'd go.
    Of course they'd be those who start banging on about loyalty, but how much loyalty can he look forward to from new owners.?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast