+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'll put up the £50 happily, and without you having to contribute anything if you volunteer for one night to work for the Sheffield soup kitchen. I can fix it up for you to meet my niece who regularly work there.

Not all about flashing the wad around. You just sound like an unpleasant **** tbh.

Deal?
    See this is the point Raging. It’s not a deal. I don’t want to support a soup kitchen. All credit to your niece. If she’s volunteering for what she believes to be a good cause, I have every respect for her.

I’d rather spend time with people I know and if and when needed, help them or contribute to make their lives better.

Not some strangers who have hit on hard times but without any idea of their history.

You just sound like a **** full stop to be honest.

You keep enjoying the holidays and do your bit for the people you get PAID to help.

The more control I have over my finances guarantee people who need help get it. It goes straight to them. People I know or family or colleagues I can help.

You and your ilk just want to be seen to be righteous. I can throw my wad around because I earn’t it. No silver spoon. Just hard work and plenty of sacrifices.

You just talk the game.

What don’t you get?

Words are cheap. Think you and your friends need a little more action and a little less envy.

We’ll get all the negativity for the next few years because you can’t accept, people don’t want what you want.

We’ve really now had 2 people’s votes but you’ll still be kicking and screaming.

If you lot just supported the democratic will of the people, this country could prosper.

That won’t happen though.

We’re already in the best of 5 category with you lot, 2 days after another vote.

It’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    There we have it. Dress it up how you want.

Constant preaching on how taxes should be increased and redistributed.

Another expert on spending ‘other people’s money’

You get a bit back you don’t like it.
    The very essence of the NHS is that when someone falls ill & needs NHS help that person by proxy is spending someone elses money
    We all contribute in order to help those who need it even if we don't need the help of the NHS we contribute
    I for one am happy to do so & would be willing to pay more in taxes to continue the principle
    I got to 72 before I had the need of NHS help. Never used A&E or even needed any kind of hospital treatment
    All my working life I contributed without ever taking much out of the system but I was & am happy to continue to "allow " someone to benefit from spending my money

NHS needs fixing though. It's not fair to ask the public to pump in ever increasing sums when it's not looking after the money it receives.
    None of the parties said how they would fix it, just throw more money at it. That's not fair on the taxpayer

Tell you what some of you , feck it , privatise the NHS and social care for me .

Fecking spend 8k a year some of ya privately because it benefits you and you only than pay a bit more tax that benefits everyone .

Bleedin beyond help some of ya .

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    See this is the point Raging. It’s not a deal. I don’t want to support a soup kitchen. All credit to your niece. If she’s volunteering for what she believes to be a good cause, I have every respect for her.

I’d rather spend time with people I know and if and when needed, help them or contribute to make their lives better.

Not some strangers who have hit on hard times but without any idea of their history.

You just sound like a **** full stop to be honest.

You keep enjoying the holidays and do your bit for the people you get PAID to help.

The more control I have over my finances guarantee people who need help get it. It goes straight to them. People I know or family or colleagues I can help.

You and your ilk just want to be seen to be righteous. I can throw my wad around because I earn’t it. No silver spoon. Just hard work and plenty of sacrifices.

You just talk the game.

What don’t you get?

Words are cheap. Think you and your friends need a little more action and a little less envy.

We’ll get all the negativity for the next few years because you can’t accept, people don’t want what you want.

We’ve really now had 2 people’s votes but you’ll still be kicking and screaming.

If you lot just supported the democratic will of the people, this country could prosper.

That won’t happen though.

We’re already in the best of 5 category with you lot, 2 days after another vote.

It’s pathetic.
    My offer had nothing to do with brexit or the election. You suddenly dragged my name into your 'money throwing at charity' pissing contest, and make pretty dreadful assumptions about us if we refuse to put our money where our mouths are. Seeing as you dragged me into it for no reason, I'm calling you out. I'm saying that I'm willing to pay the money into the hospice but I want you to do something by way of return that isn't about just giving money. It's about giving time, giving something of yourself, for people less fortunate than us. Not just throwing money at it.

This 'loadsamoney' shtick you put over isn't a good look mate. It plays to the image of the self made monied northerner that "say what I like and like what I say". Play your wall pissing mate, but it's crude, shallow and vacuous stuff and I'd rather you not bring me into it.
    Last edited by ragingpup; 14-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

I spoke to a family of Doctors in the run up to the election and they were completely dissolutioned with how the NHS is managed and pumping more money in is a waste until the leaks are plugged.

Same with a friend who works in the NHS estates dept. Not front line medicine but still wasting money on a large scale.
    Needs fixing. Over to you Bozzer and heyho we might not need to have insurance based health care at all
    Last edited by flourbasher; 14-12-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Jeez, raging, you've got Jewish relatives supporting anti-semite Corbyn, you've got Brexit pals in Rotherham, Muslim co-workers who all like gays and support womens rights and now your niece works in a soup kitchen. I give up. You're the man. You are clearly almost as great a guy as Roly.
    Have you ever stopped to think this is quite normal Monts? You know, trying to get along with people of different races, nationalities, religions etc. Try it one day, you may find some friends who aren't just white, middle class, male, hetero***uals.

Its not owt to do with being a great guy, its just to do with being a balanced, civilised human being. There are countless millions of us throughout the world. We are nowt special.

You are a man of history. Surely you want the human race to progress and not go backwards. Its one planet -space ship Earth. We either pull together or we sink together. Even a 5 year old would understand that.

Give it a go...its nice to try to be nice...

Make it a new years resolution...If you still don't like me that's fine. I can live with that if I have helped you to be a better human being...Good luck from the human race
    Last edited by rolymiller; 14-12-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    NHS needs fixing though. It's not fair to ask the public to pump in ever increasing sums when it's not looking after the money it receives.
    None of the parties said how they would fix it, just throw more money at it. That's not fair on the taxpayer
    I agree fb it does need fixing as well but it should not be beyond the wit of man to do both

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Tell you what some of you , feck it , privatise the NHS and social care for me .

Fecking spend 8k a year some of ya privately because it benefits you and you only than pay a bit more tax that benefits everyone .

Bleedin beyond help some of ya .
    Public/ private is best like the rest of Europe.

The American system is a left-wing bogeyman and completely atypical.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Public/ private is best like the rest of Europe.

The American system is a left-wing bogeyman and completely atypical.
    Explain to me how you see the American system as left wing ..... I'm intrigued .

Page 158 of 162 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160 ... LastLast