+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Fishal Roll Call Hamilton Academical 14/12 and whatever else anyone wants to post

The Hamilton game was low quality drivel. You can look at the positive and say it was 3pts but its a pyrrhic victory. It is more likely drive more supporters away...

Nice to see you being your usual positive self.

Looking forward to Christmas next week or is that a load of pish too?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Nice to see you being your usual positive self.

Looking forward to Christmas next week or is that a load of pish too?
    We should never be unhappy with any sort of victory BUT Bogbrush does have a point.

Whether we like it or not, being successful in football nowadays is clearly linked to how much money you have to spend (you can have blips here and there but there is a clear correlation between the two). Our season ticket sales are down 1,000 on last season as well as DNA renewals being down also by about 1,000. That is a collective £400,000 or £8,000 a week in wages less that we have to spend. Whilst there will be different reasons for people not renewing, the quality of football on display will be the number one reason.

It's not just that we only won 1-0, it's that we barely had a shot at goal in the 40 minutes after we scored - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team. We take off an attacking player and put on a defensive midfielder with a full 20 minutes to go - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team.

I sit in the RDS and almost without exception when we win people hang about to clap the players as they go down the tunnel at the end of a game. On Saturday pretty much everybody just cleared off without waiting to applaud - just complete apathy.

That's the big picture. Yes we won, and I am pleased about that, but what did it do to encourage the missing thousand to come back? What did it do to the 10,000 or so that were there (and yes I know that we reported a crowd of 12,000) to encourage them to renew their season tickets next season?

That missing £8,000 a week revenue is two decent signings by SPFL standard that we now can't make (assuming McInnes was able to make those decent signings of course).

We are at the start of a downward spiral that won't be halted by performances like we saw on Saturday, and that's me just trying to keep it real, I don't have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We should never be unhappy with any sort of victory BUT Bogbrush does have a point.

Whether we like it or not, being successful in football nowadays is clearly linked to how much money you have to spend (you can have blips here and there but there is a clear correlation between the two). Our season ticket sales are down 1,000 on last season as well as DNA renewals being down also by about 1,000. That is a collective £400,000 or £8,000 a week in wages less that we have to spend. Whilst there will be different reasons for people not renewing, the quality of football on display will be the number one reason.

It's not just that we only won 1-0, it's that we barely had a shot at goal in the 40 minutes after we scored - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team. We take off an attacking player and put on a defensive midfielder with a full 20 minutes to go - at home to a sh1tey Hamilton team.

I sit in the RDS and almost without exception when we win people hang about to clap the players as they go down the tunnel at the end of a game. On Saturday pretty much everybody just cleared off without waiting to applaud - just complete apathy.

That's the big picture. Yes we won, and I am pleased about that, but what did it do to encourage the missing thousand to come back? What did it do to the 10,000 or so that were there (and yes I know that we reported a crowd of 12,000) to encourage them to renew their season tickets next season?

That missing £8,000 a week revenue is two decent signings by SPFL standard that we now can't make (assuming McInnes was able to make those decent signings of course).

We are at the start of a downward spiral that won't be halted by performances like we saw on Saturday, and that's me just trying to keep it real, I don't have an agenda.
    Good post

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    JBFTG, here is my highlights:
    - Aye that about covers it.

Positive is we got the win in a game we've drawn far too often this season with the game management pish.

Pretty poor performance though. Very dull to watch. As others have said we had an attacking line up with plenty of width (or so it seemed) but we hardly used that at all. Our most effective wide player seemed to be Leigh before he went off.

That said we should have been at least a couple up at half time but poor finishing again costs us.

I though Wilson was best of a bad lot. Had some lovely runs & touches. He has great quick feet to fashion an opening & did it a few times. The boy needs to get his fitness up though. He was blowing out his @rse again like the Sevco game second half. I was amazed Hedges went off as the third sub as Wilson looked done. Sort it oot min as fitness is an absolute basic.

Ojo did fine first half. Calm & assured. The fact he's an actual midfielder will be a big help.

Ferguson good as usual though not hitting the heights. McGinn great cross for the goal & well finished by the big man as per.

Fuuck knows where we'd be without big Sam & his goals this year. They cannot countenance selling him in January as we'd be as well changing our name to Aberdeen nil if we do.

That crowd was definitely sub 10,000 regardless of the club announcing the attendance being 12,000 plus. Any PATGers in there wont be rushing back either.

The atmosphere was absolutely dead too, not helped in the slightest by the bore fest on the pitch. I wonder what our visiting American cousins thought of it all - I doubt they were very impressed at all with what they saw either on or off the pitch.

That's what will get DM his jotters in the end.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 16-12-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Why do clubs announce higher crowds. Surely that means more spent on policing

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon said there was no way it was 12k

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Why do clubs announce higher crowds. Surely that means more spent on policing

Willie Miller and Richard Gordon said there was no way it was 12k
    To be fair to AFC I think we were one of the last to do it. Uglies did it for years then Diets & HIV's joined in.

It did reach the point a couple years back where we looked like we were getting crowds way less than the Edinburgh two. Granted we do get less than them, but no where near the gap the attendance figures indicated when we were announcing the actual crowds.

So my guess is that's why we started doing it - to make us not look so bad in comparison.

They need to stop calling it the attendance though as a basic grasp of English confirms that is Boris Johnson levels of the stretching of credibility...

It’s simple really.

Once McInnes gets sacked all of these guys will start coming back.

Pittodrie will be sold out every week once the new manager comes in and has us playing entertaining football while rinsing teams by 4 or 5 goals with players on £4K a week.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s simple really.

Once McInnes gets sacked all of these guys will start coming back.

Pittodrie will be sold out every week once the new manager comes in and has us playing entertaining football while rinsing teams by 4 or 5 goals with players on £4K a week.
    Our average crowds were 15,800 two seasons ago, this year so far they are 13,800 (and that average will likely fall). Why do you think that is?

Our average crowds were 15,800 two seasons ago, this year so far they are 13,800 (and that average will likely fall). Why do you think that is?
    Thats a false average though becaise we are fudging the numbers

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast