+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    I just dont thik he is good enough so why shouldnt I say that?
    You’d know all about not being good enough.

Wouldn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    My point exactly, he had to be forced to change things. Enough said.
    He had to be forced to change things BigLad? So you are saying that MT really should have made those substitutions in the first half? I don't understand what your point is? At the time Washington got injured we were playing well and were also well in the game even though we were a goal down. Georgie wasn't on long enough to make any impact when he got injured, and Chieo is only just coming back from injury so MT was trying to nurse him back so he doesn't break down again and ended up having to be thrown on way earlier than he should have been, so I really dont get your obvious disappointment of the changes MT had to make? UTM

Why do we need to play 2 strikers upfront at home?

Before yesterday we had 4ish strikers
    Cheio coming back from injury, but proved he is our best winger
    Washington, tired from Weds night
    Kelly can score and jump, cant hold up a ball or bring players into game
    Eaves, should be better than he plays

Pick any 2 from those and then decide if they are more effective than having an extra midfielder. When we do have 2, one normally plays as a 10, which was effectively where Wiles was playing yet currently none would be able to do that for 90 mins twice a week other than Wiles.

We play/ed away for 5 out of 6 games, so why change it to 352 from 3511, when players can learn their roles better with more game time. Though with current squad we might be best going with 451, with Cheio and Bramall as the wingers, I doubt we are going to compete in Jan transfer market to find a striker good enough for championship.

Yesterdays team and game has been affected by the players available.

Bramall coming back on Tues, means BNC can go to RWB, then cheio can be used from the bench. Doubt Washington or Kelly will play, so Eaves will have to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    He had to be forced to change things BigLad? So you are saying that MT really should have made those substitutions in the first half? I don't understand what your point is? At the time Washington got injured we were playing well and were also well in the game even though we were a goal down. Georgie wasn't on long enough to make any impact when he got injured, and Chieo is only just coming back from injury so MT was trying to nurse him back so he doesn't break down again and ended up having to be thrown on way earlier than he should have been, so I really dont get your obvious disappointment of the changes MT had to make? UTM

Was going to post same Ronners
    I don’t like to argue too much with others opinions has we all see things differently but he just doesn’t make any sense at all

How often do teams make changes in first half u less absolutely necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Having seen our penalty shout now, for me anyway, that's a penalty. I'm sure their supporters will see it differently, but when Chieo is going past their player he throws an arm across to try and block him off. If there is little or no contact from that, then their player should stay on his feet but the contact also makes their player go down so plenty of contact there and a definite penalty for me.
    The referee was so quick to give it as a dive and no wonder Chieo was fuming, but at the moment it seems as though almost everything is going against us. UTM
    Reminds me of Kevin DB for Man City yesterday when in the last minute he received a lick in the shin by a defender in the area and a split second later went down in pain. As with Chio, not enough contact to go down but even less so than Chio but was accepted as a clear pen with VAR not even sniffing it.

For me, I don't think either were pens, likewise the very similar Cov pen. But the inconsistency between teams is maddening. Got away with one on Ollie though for sure

When Kelly went down injured would there have been any benefit to playing with 10 men for a few mins until half time, so we could have 2 substitution opportunities in the 2nd half?

Personally I think if we had all our players back and fit enough then we’d have won that game, in fact if we didn’t have them injuries on the pitch then we might have still won or at least a draw.

That’s how well our players are playing so they get my credit

Possession Home52% Away48%
    Shots Home10 Away13
    Shots on Target Home 4 away 4
    Corners Home 2 away 9
    Fouls Home 10 away 12
    Last edited by millertop; 06-11-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    cont... Hull can he play for us now? If not get him back in January. Luton more chance of getting something there than tues.
    Luton have drawn 6 at home, more than any other team, so chance of a point.

Overall i was pleased with the performance yesterday, and also the previous away matches at Coventry and Burnley. Was it a penalty i would have said yes, but what i do know is that had it been the other way it would definitely have been given as in the Coventry game, the ref couldn't wait to point to the spot. I don't think we will ever get a fair shout in this division, the refs suck up to the big boys all the time.
    Back to the match. I did think we set up quite negative, but it was working and I have to say i am enjoying watching Matt Taylor's Rotherham.He is showing tactical nous and comes across really well in his interviews, intelligent and passionate.
    The midfield were immense with Ben Wiles having his best game for a long time, just a pity their bloke got the block in to stop him scoring.
    I think Harding had a good game, Hall and Wood had a job on their hands looking after Pukki who is a class far above what were used to,
    he has speed skill and strength is always making runs and spaces, is it any wonder Woody was knackered.
    I have liked seeing Chieo through the middle and disagreed with my mate who prefers him out wide, but i have to say he ran their defence ragged down the right and had he been upto 90 mins it would probably got us a result.
    If we keep on playing as well has we have been we will be OK, no one gives us any credit, Dean Smith comes on and talks about us being direct, then contradicts himself by saying we were getting around them. Hey ho little old hoofball Rotherham Bi annual whipping boys and scapegoats. Not this year the players seem to believe in themselves more and look like they belong here, well most of them. I'm afraid my "give him a chance" view on Eaves is just about over. He really needs to show more. Will have to for next 2 games when he will be only forward we have.
    If we get any thing from the next 2 games it will be a bonus then we can can regroup during the break, lick our wounds and get the squad fit, and MT to have time to work with them.
    I'm sure he will come good, hopefully we can add to the forward line in January and we can all ask Santa to bring us fair refs for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Reminds me of Kevin DB for Man City yesterday when in the last minute he received a lick in the shin by a defender in the area and a split second later went down in pain. As with Chio, not enough contact to go down but even less so than Chio but was accepted as a clear pen with VAR not even sniffing it.

For me, I don't think either were pens, likewise the very similar Cov pen. But the inconsistency between teams is maddening. Got away with one on Ollie though for sure
    He could have scored if he hadn't dived though, it's not always best to go down, look at Guedes goal for Wolves yesterday.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast