+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham Evening Post : Poor Again!

Nep rip 4 ncfc

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Yes no mention of our new goalkeeper by NEP, Think we might just get a mention when we play Forest.
    There is a column in tonights issue if you look close enough, I have long said that it's the way the redrag reports on us that bugs me & this is yet another example, when we sign someone you have to go looking but when Ruben decided to go it was headlined on the front page & splashed all over the back. Even going back to the Munto days they seem to play down any positives but delight in Bigging up any potential negatives, the exact opposite applies over the river.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    There is a column in tonights issue if you look close enough, I have long said that it's the way the redrag reports on us that bugs me & this is yet another example, when we sign someone you have to go looking but when Ruben decided to go it was headlined on the front page & splashed all over the back. Even going back to the Munto days they seem to play down any positives but delight in Bigging up any potential negatives, the exact opposite applies over the river.
    Every club's fans feels that the media are against them, but there can't be too many that feel their local media is against them.

To be fair, as much as I loathe what the BBC has turned into in recent years, BBC Radio Nottingham do a fantastic job for Notts fans, frustrating as it can be at times when they natter on about Fword hours after they've finished and we're kicking off and although I haven't watched for many years now, local TV news (BBC EM and Central News) were always very good with their coverage of Notts.
    If we were in the PL though, I'm sure we'd be regularly infuriated by what Jenas had to say about us.

Just checked now Sunday 11:50pm.
    No mention of our new goalkeeper signed on Friday.

why do people even look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    ^ This.

queenslandpie;40304298]why do people even look at it?

masochists or eternal optimists?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    queenslandpie;40304298]why do people even look at it?

masochists or eternal optimists?
    Just force of habit I think. Weird habit. And habits can be broken in 28 days did you know that.

I cannot understand one positive thing that could be gleaned from looking at the evening post website.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    This isn't even a GCSE level question, to have a good old moan about it.

Anybody who has the internet doesn't need the NEP for anything related to NCFC.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    This isn't even a GCSE level question, to have a good old moan about it.

Anybody who has the internet doesn't need the NEP for anything related to NCFC.
    You should appreciate that we are not all in the same position & not all have or want the net, one of the few pleasures my old mum has left is reading the NEP & as I am obliged to buy it I do read it. I completely agree that it's crap but for 1955pies info my Saturday issue has a column on page 46 Headed "Stone is latest Magpies signing" not much I know but it is there.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast