+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 625 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Tae give McInnes a ****sy bit o' credit, Ah reckon he views our 'convincing' wins against lowly opposition the same way as fans on this forum do .... i.e. great stuff/ugly win/good we got four, but why lose two/3 points could hae been the 1 but for the keeper's middle fingernail etc .... and realises ( as many here, happy clappers and punts pishers alike have stated ... publicly ) we will never get wa wi' that versus Cheek FC ... nor on form 'middlers' .... and so?

... Well, it's nae rocket science. If the thrust o' McInnes's remit wis tae simply tae be able tae say 'GIRFUY SF forum' then he wid cut 'n' paste the team sheet fae the PJM's game ..... and ... we wid get stuffed, mounted, and pished on for good measure .... and then, he wid only be sayin 'GIRFUY' tae aboot half o' us .... the rest o' us of course wid question why he put a team oot tae face 'better' opposition than .... well ... the last ****e team fa gied us a scare - even tho' we won the game.

For me, McInnes' failin is nae team selection and tactics .... it's that we are, man for man, position for position, nae good enough.... yet! On oor day? It'll be oor day.

But .... Whilst nae downin any player's contribution ... which Ah could easily, but winna ... Ah think we all agree, there are poss half a dizzen fa are proven tae be 'jist nae good enough' ... and there is possibly an equal number fa should at least be given the chance tae be 'jist nae good enough'. ... Except .... unless ye gie these guys a chance at the 'diddy' games, they will always be ( or at least always seen tae be ) 'jist nae good enough'.

So tae conclude ... Ah think Deek is on a hidin' tae nithin wi' what he has tae work wi .... but .... Ah believe if he took mair chances in the diddy games, he wid learn mair aboot what he has in his armoury for the 'big' games.

..... maybe it's the wee games the DM punts-pish happens .. ken?
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 19-02-2018 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Even I want McInnes to leave now, if only because we have to constantly suffer through threads like this.

Can't be @rsed defending McInnes. He's done pretty well overall, some black marks blah blah.

Really, it's impossible to tell if a different manager would have achieved more with the resources currently available or have achieved better results against the OF with the current team. For those who want McInnes out the question is irrelevant because their view is based on wishful thinking not based on empirical evidence (evidence which could never exist in the first place) that our performances would improve under a different manager. Not that I'm decrying wishful thinking - it's part and parcel of being a football fan.

The problem McInnes has isn't so much his objectively assessed performance but that recent performances in big matches don't offer hope of anything greater. If we consistently beat the sh*tey teams but are regularly humped by the OF then it's understandable that fans will turn on him because fans place an inordinate level of importance on those games. Finishing 2nd/3rd every season may a strong achievement objectively but it's simply not enough in the irrational world of football. I'd wager that the fans who are unhappy with McInnes would be happier if our overall performance was poorer provided there were more high points.
    The “OF” stopped existing 6 years ago.

As you were.

Apparently pardew only has 2 games to save his position at West Brom all of his adoring fans will tell us he’s in the running hopefully they’ll be dumb enough

I think its really a case of DM becoming set in his ways and lazy at AFC, the lack of progression and improvement in the last couple of seasons shows that. Maybe West Brom will take him off our hands, cant see it though, and the tw@t Milne isnt going to sack him, so we are stuck with him.
    Last edited by EintrachtFrankfurt; 19-02-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Classic example of DM’s “management”. Half an hour to go against St Mirren. Cruising to victory. Shinnie on a booking and suspended for the Hibs game. Does he bring on Chidi to give him and the team 30 minutes experience together? Of course he doesn’t. Instead Chidi is thrown in to start in a crucial game and he dicks about with the formation. How did he expect that to turn out?

Unless someone comes in for DM again, there is no chance he is going anywhere. Which means that there needs to be pressure put on the club. By that i dont mean sack him, i think that would be utterly stupid, however it needs to be made clear that finishing second isnt going to be enough and the fans deserve more than just good results against teams who we should be beating.

The performance against Hibs was utterly shocking and while one could argue its a one off game and we have had decent results of late, the games we have won, i would of expected us to. Partick Thistle, St Mirren, Killie, Ross County, Hamilton, Dundee Utd... all games we should be winning. Yes we have done well against Hibs this season, but we are entering into that period of the season where we need to really show what we are made of but end usually sh!tting it. Derek himself recognised that we have some really tough games ahead and in the first one we f*cked it.

Not that i can see us winning the league, but i honestly think Celtic are going to drop points over their next few games (minus us of course). Imagine we had won against Hibs, there would be six points in it and with any back bone (which we lack) we could make a game of it on Sunday and got it down to 3. Celtic have some massive games coming up, but there is no way we will take advantage of that. I think the huns have found there feet and i think second place is gone for us already. I dare say we will be looking over our shoulder at Hibs rather than knocking the huns out of second.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Is a f*cking spud but he thinks he isn’t. Proper Jimmy Calderwood thick but more articulate
    Do you think that with a different manager, we would be top of the league? Personally, I think not. I believe we are still progressing, and retain positivity that we will learn from mistakes vs the better teams in this league. And thus do better vs them.

A new manager will have the same budget as DM. He won't bring us more success imo, so your constant criticism of the manager is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Do you think that with a different manager, we would be top of the league? Personally, I think not. I believe we are still progressing, and retain positivity that we will learn from mistakes vs the better teams in this league. And thus do better vs them.

A new manager will have the same budget as DM. He won't bring us more success imo, so your constant criticism of the manager is boring.
    Consi?

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post

If your idea of success is one cup and 3rd round European qualyfing round we may as well give up. Finishing 2nd you don’t win anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    If your idea of success is one cup and 3rd round European qualyfing round we may as well give up. Finishing 2nd you don’t win anything for it.
    Didn't say that at all. My point is with the current resources gap between AFC and Celtic, we would not be top of the league if Derek or anyone else was in charge. It's about progression. Some people have short memories - we have progressed massively under DM, and we continue to do so imo. Have a bit of patience. We are not gonna be top of the league this year imo. With time, continued progress and added investment, however, I believe we could get there.

Page 4 of 625 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast