+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Alloa

sigrest- decent enough but looks slow to move his feet
    murdoch- steady enough but we really need to be signing a proper RB! (2nd season on the trot)
    Frans- steady but looked slow on 3g.
    Watson- think the honeymoon period for him is over tbh. hes an average CB for champ.
    Booth- i thought was decent. great free kick and got forward well. still a few dodgy moments at the back however.
    Bouhenna- has the ability to play in middle but prefer him at the back. lacked his presence and calmness at the back.
    Stanton- runs around but does F all most of the time. is he any different to what flood done last year? decent few games but cant control games.
    king- works hard but need to be getting better in jan
    Mcmullan- same as king. the hunger he had in first few games under RN seems to have disappeared
    curran-3year deal ffs. works hard but no real quality. him losing the ball resulted in free kick which lead to equalizer
    safranco- works hard but needs to be taking his chances. need to give him a hand up there. (possible dropping if can get someone else in)

Aird- being able to cross doesnt make you a good player

i know theres debates on how important fyvie is to the team. some saying hes not as good as people think. i think games like to today shows that by even having him available we would have controlled the game better imo. it would have allowed bouhenna to go back which makes a big difference in the midfield and the defence. weve got no strength in depth which is costing us

overall
    we did control large parts of the game and on another day would have won comfortably but the way it ended up shows why so many fans are being disillusioned by the club. going ahead and still managing a way to f it up to a part time team?! some of the performances were decent but nothing special thats why we are falling behind ayr and county. decent isnt good enough! we need more! and hopefully RN can get those who arent good enough out of the club and get those who can make a difference in and judging by his interview after the game. hes just as frustrated as us.
    Last edited by darrenshedtastic; 29-12-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three. Deserved a comfortable win and were on course to get it against a difficult Alloa side, when Siegrist came, flapped, and cost us the equaliser. Then started chasing the game and were done by a mazy run and great finish.

Siegrist: When will Deniz be back? A major step up on what we have.
    Booth: best game so far. Linked up really well, positive, confident and a beauty of a free kick.
    Frans: solid throughout. A keeper (if only he was a GOALkeeper &#128514
    Murdoch: solid but was skinned at the second goal.
    Watson: too light weight for me. Dangerous at set pieces, but primary job is to defend and he’s not strong enough I’m afraid.
    Stanton: positive and ran most of our attacking play.
    McMullan: had lots of shots, ran himself ragged but not good enough. Liked him when he first came and believe Neilson is getting the best out of him. Still not the answer unfortunately.
    King: one of his better games, linked well with Booth. Frustrating as if he has an A game, is capable of winning games. Not often enough though.
    Rachid: Head and shoulders best player today. Strong, vision, one who will do us a turn WHEN we go up this year.
    Curran: not great I’m afraid. Had a real chance to make a mark today. Lack of directness I feel. He’s strong and relatively quick but never took on and beat a man.
    Pavel: poor today. Bullied by the two centre halfs. One of his less memorable games.

Could easily have won today and the outlook would be very different. Very small margins decide these games.
    As demoralising as the result today was, I still think we will go up this year. Looking like a second place finish now which will give us the semi, against either Ayr or Icy Tea, then a final against one of the piss poor bottom three in the Premiership.
    Hopeful of new players in January, but even without them, I feel we have enough within the current squad to make it up this year.

Ok, I’ve set myself up as a huge target, now going to wait and be shot at (not down) by fellow Arabs 😀

After 45 minutes of the most tedious dross from both teams United at least came out and had a go at the start of the second half and were deservedly in front after Booth's cracking free kick. As soon as Seigrist decided to throw the ball into his own net from a simple free kick it was only a matter of time before we pressed the self destruct button. Our team have no bottle and are incapable of grinding out a result. We have no chance of going up this year, even with investment in the forthcoming window. Completely unacceptable performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Welsh_is_magic View Post
    Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three. Deserved a comfortable win and were on course to get it against a difficult Alloa side, when Siegrist came, flapped, and cost us the equaliser. Then started chasing the game and were done by a mazy run and great finish.

Siegrist: When will Deniz be back? A major step up on what we have.
    Booth: best game so far. Linked up really well, positive, confident and a beauty of a free kick.
    Frans: solid throughout. A keeper (if only he was a GOALkeeper &#128514
    Murdoch: solid but was skinned at the second goal.
    Watson: too light weight for me. Dangerous at set pieces, but primary job is to defend and he’s not strong enough I’m afraid.
    Stanton: positive and ran most of our attacking play.
    McMullan: had lots of shots, ran himself ragged but not good enough. Liked him when he first came and believe Neilson is getting the best out of him. Still not the answer unfortunately.
    King: one of his better games, linked well with Booth. Frustrating as if he has an A game, is capable of winning games. Not often enough though.
    Rachid: Head and shoulders best player today. Strong, vision, one who will do us a turn WHEN we go up this year.
    Curran: not great I’m afraid. Had a real chance to make a mark today. Lack of directness I feel. He’s strong and relatively quick but never took on and beat a man.
    Pavel: poor today. Bullied by the two centre halfs. One of his less memorable games.

Could easily have won today and the outlook would be very different. Very small margins decide these games.
    As demoralising as the result today was, I still think we will go up this year. Looking like a second place finish now which will give us the semi, against either Ayr or Icy Tea, then a final against one of the piss poor bottom three in the Premiership.
    Hopeful of new players in January, but even without them, I feel we have enough within the current squad to make it up this year.

Ok, I’ve set myself up as a huge target, now going to wait and be shot at (not down) by fellow Arabs 😀
    Agree with you up to a point as have said our first choice 11 play neat, functional football and our general play might well be good enough to gain promotion.
    However we are undone by our lack of quality replacements despite having a large squad plus the lack of mental strength to make the right decisions, fight adversity and grind out results like today mean I have no faith in us getting promoted this season, unless Robbie can pull off at least 3-4 top notch January signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Welsh_is_magic View Post
    Ok going to be controversial. Was at the game today. Really good support as usual. Was also the the two previous games down there. By a mile, that was our best performance of the three.

Nothing wrong with what you and Darren have written!

First though, was i right in this is how we lined up today?
    Siegrist,
    Murdoch, Watson, Frans, Booth,
    McMullan, Bouhenna, Stanton,
    King,
    Safranko, Curran.

Siegrist - I saw him coming for the ball and sat back in my seat and thankfully didnt see what happened! Might have done better at their second but very nearly set up a late equalizer!
    Booth - My MotM for us and should have had a thunderbolt of a second!
    Frans - I am gonna disagree to an extent as i thought he had a few shaky moments.
    Murdoch - Made quite a few proper RB tackles and stopped them attacking quite a few times. Wasnt only him at fault for their winner.
    Watson -A player i quite liked early in the season, but rather Edje was on today with Frans on the right.
    Stanton - Cant say much different, but not captain material.
    McMullan - WHY SO FAR BACK! SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN BEHIND THE FRONT MEN!
    King - Shouts around me said enough! Need a different and better option.
    Rachid - It more of his passes came off, he would have ripped Alloa apart! Very close second for my MotM.
    Curran - Seemed to be sticking to a plan that wasnt helping his game! Still should have done better.
    Pavel - Nothing without decent service, even when that service turned up, it was poor.

Going back to the formation, i wish Nielson had the balls to give Bouhenna some more room with Stanton and McMullan pushing forward. And Aird should have been on earlier!

That was pish today. Alloa were happy to let us have as much of the ball as we wanted and we never once looked like opening them up. We may have had 14 shots at goal, but bar the great free kick, none of them were more than catches for the keeper.

Against an eleven man defence you need to be able to beat somebody and disrupt their organisation. Didn’t happen once.

Alloa deserved the win.

What an embarrassment to the city of Dundee that its two clubs are dwarfed in Tayside by a club that struggles to get more than 2000 home supporters through the turnstile's honestly i am not having a fly dig at DFC even though they were played aff the park today by ST Johnstone because they would probably have given us 6.
    The city of Dundee is steeped in football history but both teams are currently a mile behind a tiny wee toon's club more famous for its curling rink and its prison.

Alloa's first league win over United in 56 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What an embarrassment to the city of Dundee that its two clubs are dwarfed in Tayside by a club that struggles to get more than 2000 home supporters through the turnstile's honestly i am not having a fly dig at DFC even though they were played aff the park today by ST Johnstone because they would probably have given us 6.
    The city of Dundee is steeped in football history but both teams are currently a mile behind a tiny wee toon's club more famous for its curling rink and its prison.
    Not only St J you have Livi, St Mirren, Accies with their 300 ST holders and soon to have either or both the mighty Ross County or Ayr United (managed by ex-United failure of over 15 years ago Jobby McCall) in the Premier, all better organised and fighting harder than the two Dundee clubs.
    ****e state of affairs and highly embarrasing.

What a embarrassment today. One up against a part time team and end up losing
    This team lacks bottle
    Third place is as good as we are gonna get with this squad
    Need big investment in January to get through the playoffs
    At least the fun lost to a half decent team

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)