+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Perhaps a few reasons behind slow ticket sales...

1) disillusionment with SFA / SPL / SPFL or whatever they're called
    2) the fact it's Rangers and therefore increased potential for trouble
    3) we've started to take semi final appearances for granted - it doesn't feel "special"
    4) perhaps some feel like it'll be another disappointment and anti-climax
    5) discontentment with our season so far, particularly the signings made etc
    6) discontentment over the style of football we've been playing for much of the season - long ball to target man
    7) folk who are optimistic about our chances are holding off to save money for going to the final
    8) the league cup is a bit of a damp squib as we've only played 2 games in it to reach the semi final

Points 2,5 and 6 nail it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

3) we've started to take semi final appearances for granted - it doesn't feel "special"
    6) discontentment over the style of football we've been playing for much of the season - long ball to target man
    7) folk who are optimistic about our chances are holding off to save money for going to the final
    8) the league cup is a bit of a damp squib as we've only played 2 games in it to reach the semi final
    It's Point 4 that's partly the reason behind the very poor ticket sales. I shouldn't be overly negative on a forum that can be viewed by the opposition; however, I just feel we're heading down to the semi to play the role of fall guys in the Sevco show..nhow many times have we walked out of Hampden since QoTS disappointed...I think you give people too much credit when they say they will stay away because of the SFA...

Glasgow Cup defeats since 2008
    QoTS
    Celtic
    Celtic
    Hibs
    Dundee United
    Celtic
    Celtic
    Motherwell
    ..and you can throw in the St Johnstone defeat at Snake Mountain

Victories
    Second tier Morton
    Second tier Hibs
    ICT
    ...and you can throw in the St Johnstone victory although it was in Edinburgh

...I'll be there though but I can understand why people won't bother...
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 19-10-2018 at 12:52 PM. Reason: ...that's semis and finals only ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    It's Point 4 that's partly the reason behind the very poor ticket sales. I shouldn't be overly negative on a forum that can be viewed by the opposition; however, I just feel we're heading down to the semi to play the role of fall guys in the Sevco show..nhow many times have we walked out of Hampden since QoTS disappointed...I think you give people too much credit when they say they will stay away because of the SFA...

Glasgow Cup defeats since 2008
    QoTS
    Celtic
    Celtic
    Hibs
    Dundee United
    Celtic
    Celtic
    Motherwell
    ..and you can throw in the St Johnstone defeat at Snake Mountain

Victories
    Second tier Morton
    Second tier Hibs
    ICT
    ...and you can throw in the St Johnstone victory although it was in Edinburgh

...I'll be there though but I can understand why people won't bother...
    That's a huge chunk of it. For me the two big (inter-related) reasons are:

- deep pessimism about our chances
    - the sense that it's not a level playing field

Some of the pessimism is about stuff I can't object to (they've outspent us, have better players, are in better form) and some is to do with an already loaded dice being further loaded: it's as good as a home game for the Huns, and they are massively more likely to benefit from any controversial or dubious refereeing decisions.

Add all this up and I'd put our chances of progressing at somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 10, whereas purely on the basis of the quality of the teams I'd put us at 35-40%.

That's a probability of 80% to 90% that the result will be a total sickener. It would be that whether I was there or not, but I've no great desire to spend money and time travelling to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    That's a huge chunk of it. For me the two big (inter-related) reasons are:

- deep pessimism about our chances
    - the sense that it's not a level playing field

Some of the pessimism is about stuff I can't object to (they've outspent us, have better players, are in better form) and some is to do with an already loaded dice being further loaded: it's as good as a home game for the Huns, and they are massively more likely to benefit from any controversial or dubious refereeing decisions.

Add all this up and I'd put our chances of progressing at somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 10, whereas purely on the basis of the quality of the teams I'd put us at 35-40%.

That's a probability of 80% to 90% that the result will be a total sickener. It would be that whether I was there or not, but I've no great desire to spend money and time travelling to watch it.
    Absolutely spot on ! It's bad enough coming up the road from a semi defeat but when the probability of it happening is that high ....watch it in the hoose, at least you can put it off if/when said dubious decision happens!

Mcinnes got schooled from Warbuton, Caxhina and Murty all while their club was still in turmoil. That is a major factor in the sales being so bad.

It's actually quite amusing watching the rage coming out the establishment and their mouth pieces.
    Aww diddums, the beloved Sevco aren't that big a draw these days

The parkred final is also being brought up a lot due to the crowd we took down. This is a false comparison.
    Inverness were a much more attractive draw for families. 1st decent chance at silverware in a couple of decades.

Then there's the various reason listed above.

Fans are just f*cked off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Mcinnes got schooled from Warbuton, Caxhina and Murty all while their club was still in turmoil. That is a major factor in the sales being so bad.
    He seen them all off, don’t know if he finished above them all, surely not considering the new club’s newly found wealth.......either way, myself and like minded will be there and win/lose/draw will be there again regardless of who coaches our club.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

A good list and all will be valid reasons for different people not going. For better or worse I will be there but as an example my next door neighbours (dad, mum and two boys) who are season ticket holders and go to the odd away game (mostly Dundee and Perth) and have been to the last three semis against Motherwell, Hibs and Morton want absolutely nothing to do with a game against the scum for your reason number 2 above. I suspect they won't be the only family that have made the same decision. Some will see that as a bonus as the people that will go will be the hard core fans who enjoy a drink and so our crowd will be pretty loud for the numbers we will have there but it's a small sample size of why we won't bring our normal 14K to a semi.

I will be there but must admit I am fed up with it all, just hanging in.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast