+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Shankland in United stepping stone shocker!

But 300k clause seems for too low for any player of Shanklands ability. What would he make out of that?

Based on absolutely nothing whatsoever, i am sure Shankland is here to prove himself for a season in the top flight, at which point, his share of the transfer fee will greatly exceed the pitiful 300k you claim to be in the know about!
    You might turn out to be right about him staying...but did you really say what would Shankland make out of having a clause like that...really ??Try something upward of £500k signing on fee from his beloved Rangers just for starters

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    You might turn out to be right about him staying...but did you really say what would Shankland make out of having a clause like that...really ??Try something upward of £500k signing on fee from his beloved Rangers just for starters
    £500k?? Where do you get that from? It’s almost like you’re just plucking figures from fresh air. Ah, hang on a second, you’re a Funster...................

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    The reason i asked is i dont have a foggy dan doo about the intricacies of footballer over inflated wages and deals! I really wanted to hear from an expert on the subject!

So based on nothing whatsoever, i REALLY ?? didnt know!

Reality is if you read their boards for 5 minutes they are DESPERATE for him to leave in January.
    If he did, which he won't, they would celebrate it like a cup win. Not that they know how to celebrate a cup win but you get the idea. They HATE us having him, they HATE the fact that (they were told) they were linked with him but he signed for us! The are so jealous and bitter it's off the scale.

To be honest I'm loving it

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Reality is if you read their boards for 5 minutes they are DESPERATE for him to leave in January.
    If he did, which he won't, they would celebrate it like a cup win. Not that they know how to celebrate a cup win but you get the idea. They HATE us having him, they HATE the fact that (they were told) they were linked with him but he signed for us! The are so jealous and bitter it's off the scale.

To be honest I'm loving it
    Do any of them know what a cup win is like to celebrate?

Will that mean we will see Shankland GOONE Specs, commemorative tea cups with tefal heads?

The suggestion of a £300k release clause is laughable.

Engage your brain. If an international striker with 21 goals in 21 games this season was available for such a paltry figure, the offers would be flooding in already.

What amuses me most is when we signed him all Dees were talking about was his alleged £250k signing on fee, £5k a week basic, £1k a goal etc etc.

Now we’re supposed to believe that having invested all that money, we agreed that asset could leave at any moment for £50k more than we got for Ryan McGowan. Have a day off.

Do any of them know what a cup win is like to celebrate?

Will that mean we will see Shankland GOONE Specs, commemorative tea cups with tefal heads?
    Haha yeah. Tell you what else they HATE. And that's the fact that 5 minutes after he turns up at Tannadice he scores in a Scotland shirt. They can't STAND it and it's driving them mental. Obsession - which is why Peter's over here trying to bait us about it.

I'm loving it

Name:  aerial-view-of-hampden-park-stadium-in-glasgow-scotlands-national-A063MF.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  99.5 KB

Just a reminder for any Dees looking in - this is where Cup Finals get played

The reason i asked is i dont have a foggy dan doo about the intricacies of footballer over inflated wages and deals! I really wanted to hear from an expert on the subject!

So based on nothing whatsoever, i REALLY ?? didnt know!
    Apologies then if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    The suggestion of a £300k release clause is laughable.

Engage your brain. If an international striker with 21 goals in 21 games this season was available for such a paltry figure, the offers would be flooding in already.

What amuses me most is when we signed him all Dees were talking about was his alleged £250k signing on fee, £5k a week basic, £1k a goal etc etc.

Now we’re supposed to believe that having invested all that money, we agreed that asset could leave at any moment for £50k more than we got for Ryan McGowan. Have a day off.
    As I said time will tell...might sound laughable now because of how well he's done...but was it that laughable at the end of July for a player who'd never scored a premier league goal...oh by the way if you engaged your brain you can't get an offer when the transfer window is closed😃😃😃

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)