+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    So by reasoned debate you really mean listen to me as I am right and you're wrong. I need to understand reality? I understand the difference in budget as everyone else does. Show me another fixture in world football where one side has had 25 straight home league victories against the same rival. Preferably a top flight fixture. That's not referees, money, complacency. That is just simply no belief of getting a result. 25 straight wins. Not even a draw. With your CL analogy even Celtic defeated Barcelona and Man United despite their handicap in resources. I know they were at home and we also beat Celtic at home. Try and see other opinions and not be so dismissive of others
    Not at all, I’m open for debate, put your points across.

I could probably dig a bit and get a Steau Bucharest or a Porto or how Levante have never beaten Barcelona, home or away in the league.

Why be selective and concentrate on league?
    Do you not recall we beat them at their ground in the Scottish Cup a few years ago?

2014, Anderson and Pawlett

You have a fixation on one particular fixture rather than the overall performance though.

You could say that Celtic regressed this year in Europe and were really fortunate to qualify for the EL based on one good game, whereas last year.

Citing Man Utd and Barcelona as examples for Celtic is poor as both their wins were at home.
    They’ve never beaten them away from home

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s plenty of fixtures like that in our league. We’ve got the worst record out the lot of them
    Are any of them closest challengers to Celtic?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s plenty of fixtures like that in our league. We’ve got the worst record out the lot of them
    The last time we won at Celtic park in the league was something like 10 years before DM became our manager. The last time we got a draw was in 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ac milan too
    Another home win for the Tim’s, they’ve never beat AC Milan away from home

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think that our tactics and approach are that bad against Celtic that we shouldn’t embarrass ourselves by calling ourselves challengers. We are not challenging for the league we are only here to make up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I think that our tactics and approach are that bad against Celtic that we shouldn’t embarrass ourselves by calling ourselves challengers. We are not challenging for the league we are only here to make up the numbers.
    Maybe, but we are the closest regardless of the merits.
    Hence their focus is on beating their nearest “members making up the numbers” (jeezus)

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Rooney was never quick, nor did he have a good first touch, or control of the ball, or great at bringing others into the attack, or as playing as a target man in the middle of the field. What he is and always has been good at is playing as a traditional centre forward and getting on the end of crosses from wide players. What we do not have this season is two wide players that deliver those crosses. Hence he has struggled for game time and goals.
    This is oft repeated and isn't quite true. He scored a lot of one on ones or was first to react and tapped it in.

He's now slow as fich at everything. There are lots of times where he could have scored a tap in and isn't there or anywhere near there anymore.

Another home win for the Tim’s, they’ve never beat AC Milan away from home
    Still beat them despite huge monetary difference is what i mean

The money line is a cop out. Plenty of teams have got points off Brendan at Parkhead with lesser budgets than us
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-12-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Surely as the closest "challengers" we should be doing much, much better?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Surely as the closest "challengers" we should be doing much, much better?
    Definitely. Occasionally trying a bit harder does not give results. No one expects to win every game but a fighting draw every now and again would be nice and maybe have them turn up not knowing the points are in the bag.

Our record in Europe is pretty dire as well. Actually qualifying would be a big step in the right direction.

Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast