+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to experiment

Time to experiment

If I was the manager I would bring in the fringe players for the Hibs game, treat it like a glorified friendly.

No chance he will though but upfront I would play Smith and Coogans with Jim in goals and Hooper, Rutherford and Moxon all fitting in somehow.

I think it's a good idea to have targets but only as a guideline, feel it makes the manager unwilling to take risks, example last night when he didn't bring a forward on and go for it for fear of losing.

re: Time to experiment

An interesting post Supablue and one with which I have a lot of sympathy. However, Hibs are flying at the moment and treating the game as a friendly could be counter productive.

After analysing Rangers failings against St Johnstone, it was pace which ripped their defence apart, and Queens do have pacy forwards but fail to utilise them properly.

Messers Fowler and Skelton need to use this week's 20's game to see if some of the players you mention are capable of stepping up to the plate against Hibs next week. The management team also need to plug the defence and stop the silly mistakes which have been gifting many teams goals in recent weeks.

Last night, it was far more exciting listening to Daniel O'Donnel droning on about his exploits in Strictly Come Dancing than watching Queens attempt to play football. We'd turned over to BBC1 because my wife couldn't take any more of the match on Alba, - and I don't blame her at all. If people are so bored that they turn over to anothe

The reason I would treat it as a friendly is I think we won't win but there's no way Fowler will do that.

We definitely need to freshen things up though and we need pace upfront which is why Smith should be starting and I don't know why Lyle is playing the full 90 minutes this season when he was usually hooked after 70 last season.
    Start with Smith and Oliver and see how that works.

Hoping I am totally wrong but cannot see any combination of QOS strikers scoring against the meanest defence in the Championship - only 3 goals lost

Have you been drinking Supablue ?

It would be uttter madness to play a young inexperienced team like that against Hibs

You are probably right johnny but there has been numerous times when we have played teams who had to bring in younger players due to regulars being out and they were actually better so what would happen if we had a virus and had to play them?

Its different if you are forced to play them but if we changed it dramatically with fringe / young players and we got a drubbing then some serious questions would be asked.

Agree about Lyle playing the 90 but can see why he does. He knows where the net is and is the only one who can win a header this side of defence but we lose a lot in open play especially as the game goes on.

Getting drubbed is a possibility but I would prefer to watch young eager players having a goal to established players hanging on for a draw with the possibility of getting beat anyway or even getting drubbed.

Supablue, I think you are probably quite correct in a lot of things you say. Tempting though it might be to play Oliver and Smith from the start, I would stick with Oliver and Lyle, with the proviso being that The Tan Man shines as brightly as his teeth until 10 minutes into the second half whereupon young Aiden is unleashed along with Coogans, all running at the Hibs defence as though their lives depended upon it.

By using a proper mix of experience and youthful exuberance Queens should be able to get more out of their squad, more points on the board, and stop the fans from getting bored!

The problem is midfield,until that area of the park is sorted it would not matter who you played up front as the chances created is basically nil.we have no creation especially the center of the park , no urgency and no pace.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)