+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cup or promotion kept simple

Cup or promotion kept simple

Derby to win the cup about 12/1 prize £1.5 m
    Derby to be promoted evens prize £100 m
    Where would you put your bet?
    That what Mac did.

re: Cup or promotion kept simple

No brainer, to be promoted to the best league in the world. To watch your team perform against the other best players on the planet on a weekly basis is all one could hope for!
    But saying that every competition you enter should be to win it.

Pushing for automatic promotion has always been my priority. F.A. cup is great, but it doesn't have the stature it did 25 years ago.
    There has been a lot of preparation which will hopefully lead us to the Prem. At my age, 75 in May that is as far ahead as I can wish for.

Wow 75 slimey. That's a great age and your obviously still very passionate about the mighty rams. When did you leave old blighty and did you follow us in the golden years under clough mackay ext.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimyLimey
    Pushing for automatic promotion has always been my priority. F.A. cup is great, but it doesn't have the stature it did 25 years ago.
    There has been a lot of preparation which will hopefully lead us to the Prem. At my age, 75 in May that is as far ahead as I can wish for.
    Nice one slimy, and hopefully double celebrtion for you in May!

Quote Originally Posted by eamonnram
    Wow 75 slimey. That's a great age and your obviously still very passionate about the mighty rams. When did you leave old blighty and did you follow us in the golden years under clough mackay ext.
    Left England in 1966, just a couple of weeks after England won the World Cup. I still remember the night as pubs were open till... forever & police didn't do a thing.

As far as The Mighty Rams, I am old enough to remember them winning the F.A. Cup in 1946. I have followed them through all the divisions, sometimes doom & gloom, but this season & last have been some of the better time of recent times.
    I am looking forward to coming over next month & will be going to the Middlesbrough game.
    In my last 6 visits to England I have a record at Derby of 5 wins & 1 draw.

Slimey, can't you come over on Tuesday and stay until the end of the season. Think Mac might pay for your board and lodgings!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)