+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Derby drop 2 points

Derby drop 2 points

There seems to be a familiar pattern that we struggle in these pressure games, we've had a few chances of going top or staying top but have failed.
    Another poor performance from our defence.

We need Eustace or a fully fit committed George Thorne back to give our defenders the protection they need.

Thank god McClaren is the kind of manager who is prepared to make changes and it nearly paid off but it was 2 points dropped.
    The subs that came on did a fantastic job and Macs latest trio of loans have been wonder signings!
    I know a point away is good but I thought we'd be really up for this game and take 3 points but failed.
    Anyway back to the drawing board on making this defence stronger. If we get promoted I think our centre backs will be looking for new clubs!

re: Derby drop 2 points

The triple substition payed dividends with all 3 contributing to a vaastly improved final 30 mins. The first 60mins was very even and Rotherham causing us plenty of problems.

at end of the day there is no legislating for the 3 goals we conceded

1. Was it Christie who was beaten far to easily in the air at back post
    2. Grant messed up his lines
    3. Keogh dropped in his customary mistake and was punished, ably assisted in the approach by Omar who didnt do enough to clear the danger

Defensively we were very poor (I exclude Brucie from this)

Christie has his worse game in a Derby shirt
    Keogh and Bucko both failed to command the centre

We are a team that has the ability to and needs to out score opposition. even uin our run of 7/8 clean sheets, I think we rode our luck. Last night again revealed the frailties

I think Shotton will be back in Sat at right back, and also expect to see Albentosa in starting line up very soon

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)