+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hodgson-not the right man for Palace.

Hodgson-not the right man for Palace.

Would you want someone in charge of your club with only a 35'/, win percentage? I wouldn't . If I was a Palace fan he would be the last person I'd want at Selhurst Park. He only got the England job because it was a safe option for the F. A at the time. De Boer was sacked far too early and if Palace lose their next 4 games( a more than real possibility) will they get rid of Hodgson as well. ? Something is being held back behind the scenes I believe. Palace were unlucky yesterday and deserved something out of the game. There is more to this than what appears on the surface.

I own a pie shop in Bolton and I need a manager urgently.

Hodgson has no chance of landing this particular gig whatsoever. He is not fit to run a pie shop never mind a team in the EFL.

Big game coming up? Have a boat ride down the Seine with your assistant and a good bottle of Cotes de Rhone!

Is Parish totally mad or what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Hodgson has no chance of landing this particular gig whatsoever. He is not fit to run a pie shop never mind a team in the EFL.

Big game coming up? Have a boat ride down the Seine with your assistant and a good bottle of Cotes de Rhone!

Players got him sack no one else --- don't know if it's true but I was told that he was a real big head at training
    Boasting he was still better than them at his age.
    Hardly team building morale ( if it's true that is ) .

Still think it wasn't Parish s decision alone to get rid --- players stabbed him in the back.

They certainly put a shift in yesterday army88.

A shocking back pass and an equally shocking miss ultimately cost Palace the game and de Boer his job.

Face Bothered? We got the three points and SD is going nowhere!

I believe there is an ex-goalkeeper from Sutton that could quite well manage your pie shop --he would even work as a taster for free --you can bet on that

Hey BT- you got ant Balti"s in ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Players got him sack no one else --- don't know if it's true but I was told that he was a real big head at training
    Boasting he was still better than them at his age.
    Hardly team building morale ( if it's true that is ) .

Still think it wasn't Parish s decision alone to get rid --- players stabbed him in the back.
    From Pardews time sounds like two Americans may be responsible

The Palace manager had been under intense pressure after the 5-4 defeat at Swansea the previous weekend. Palace’s American investors, Joshua Harris and David Blitzer, were believed to have expressed concerns about the club’s league position and rumours suggested Roberto Mancini and Sam Allardyce were being lined up as possible replacements for Pardew.

“The chairman got a bit edgy this week, as you’d expect,” Pardew said afterwards. “We have a lot of serious investors at the club who perhaps don’t know a lot about football so the chairman has been defending me.

Hodgson has no chance of landing this particular gig whatsoever. He is not fit to run a pie shop never mind a team in the EFL
    the Hog would scoff all of your goodies - then run away BT.....do you sell Butter Pies ?

I have a lot of respect for Hodgson - he may not have got the best results as a manager, but he knows the game inside out and is an 'old school' gentleman.

And it really irks me when people mock his speech mannerism. Same mindset as mocking people with ginger hair imho.

Sean is back to favourite of Hodgson doesn't get it.

Parish and the club’s American major shareholders, David Blitzer and Josh Harris were at the Turf. Could anything have been set up over a post match coffee? ... I wonder??
    Hope he has now seen how long he may last there and tell em where to go if they did.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)