+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: greg stewart

Gloss over what? It was no secret that he wasn't fit when we took him on loan because we could see it with our own eyes. Clearly wasn't having a great time at Birmingham and had let himself go. There was no suggestion that he was slacking off once he was here but he had a lot of catching up to do. Was it a mistake to sign him? Neither of his spells really worked out. If you want to blame McInnes for that blame away.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Gloss over what? It was no secret that he wasn't fit when we took him on loan because we could see it with our own eyes. Clearly wasn't having a great time at Birmingham and had let himself go. There was no suggestion that he was slacking off once he was here but he had a lot of catching up to do. Was it a mistake to sign him? Neither of his spells really worked out. If you want to blame McInnes for that blame away.
    That's definitely glossing over it He had a whole season to get fit. He didn't. We signed him again anyway. Then tried to sign him permanently.

He was allowed to do what he wanted by the looks of it.

Bump for all the Greg Stewart fans out there

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's definitely glossing over it He had a whole season to get fit. He didn't. We signed him again anyway. Then tried to sign him permanently.

He was allowed to do what he wanted by the looks of it.
    F*ck me, you’re on the wind up surely?

I just said that we signed him twice and it didn’t work out either time and that’s a mark against McInnes.

The manager gets paid to sign players and get the best out of them. McInnes didn’t get the best out of Greg Stewart and it was ultimately his responsibility to do so. I feel like I’m labouring this simple point but folk here seem to struggle with basic logic in favour of conjecture and confirmation bias.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    F*ck me, you’re on the wind up surely?

I just said that we signed him twice and it didn’t work out either time and that’s a mark against McInnes.

The manager gets paid to sign players and get the best out of them. McInnes didn’t get the best out of Greg Stewart and it was ultimately his responsibility to do so. I feel like I’m labouring this simple point but folk here seem to struggle with basic logic in favour of conjecture and confirmation bias.
    Glossing again. Conjecture is exactly all we have to go on, you included, that's the point of why I'm asking what went wrong. It's not the fact he couldn't get the best out of him...he couldn't even get him fit. So why did that happen? Why re-sign someone over and over that doesn't give a ****? Big issues there in the overall running of the club. You happy clappers are quick to go on about criticism when it's warranted but here we have it and the reaction is "let's move on, nothing to see here".

Glossing again. Conjecture is exactly all we have to go on, you included, that's the point of why I'm asking what went wrong. It's not the fact he couldn't get the best out of him...he couldn't even get him fit. So why did that happen? Why re-sign someone over and over that doesn't give a ****? Big issues there in the overall running of the club. You happy clappers are quick to go on about criticism when it's warranted but here we have it and the reaction is "let's move on, nothing to see here".
    I’m just reporting in from towards the happy clapper end of the spectrum and whilst the lazy git of a player must take a lot of the blame there is no doubt McInnes could and should have done better with him both in a fitness as well as performance basis.

I see he got 19 minutes as a sub last night, pretty sure that will be his life from now on. Hope him and his splinters are very happy together.

Do you think he was unfit for the whole season in his first spell with us ? I don’t think that was the problem. I think he did get fit.

I doubt if anyone thinks he was unfit when he was at Killie. And I don’t think his fitness level dropped in the second half of last season when he was back with us.

But his performance level was pretty consistent throughout both spells with us

So I’d say that if McInnes has any questions to answer on Stewart , it’s about why he couldn’t get him to perform anywhere near as well as he did at Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Do you think he was unfit for the whole season in his first spell with us ? I don’t think that was the problem. I think he did get fit.

I doubt if anyone thinks he was unfit when he was at Killie. And I don’t think his fitness level dropped in the second half of last season when he was back with us.

But his performance level was pretty consistent throughout both spells with us

So I’d say that if McInnes has any questions to answer on Stewart , it’s about why he couldn’t get him to perform anywhere near as well as he did at Killie.
    Didn't play him in his most effective position simple as that. He was most effective playing behind Brophy. Mcinnes played him too deep. Big Sam had a good season but not the sort of guy to link up with a second striker even when Stewart ventured further upfield. Mcinnes shouldn't have bothered bringing Stewart back up the road second time around just a waste of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Didn't play him in his most effective position simple as that. He was most effective playing behind Brophy. Mcinnes played him too deep. Big Sam had a good season but not the sort of guy to link up with a second striker even when Stewart ventured further upfield. Mcinnes shouldn't have bothered bringing Stewart back up the road second time around just a waste of cash.
    Some of the highlights I saw was that he was played up top, not asked to drop deep (conserve energy) with Brophey running beyond him.
    Anyway, he’s a Hun Cnut now, not worthy of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Some of the highlights I saw was that he was played up top, not asked to drop deep (conserve energy) with Brophey running beyond him.
    Anyway, he’s a Hun Cnut now, not worthy of discussion.
    But the huns are?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast