+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking ahead positively

Looking ahead positively

Which is what we should be doing

For me I've always thought it would have been a (very welcome) bonus had we got up this time, I'm not going to dwell on today or the tie, was very even over both games and it wasn't meant to be

Compared to this time last year it's night and day with how I feel about next season and the future as I did a year ago

This time I feel confident about our future, think as a club we are going to kick on from here, we have a foundation this time to build on with a summer window to improve where it's required but without the same kind of rebuild before, we have a manager who is more than capable of leading us to the title given the chance of a full season with his own team, we have the owner who will back it, we have the fan base back onside who were staying away due to previous owner and his mess, a fan base which blows anything else out the water in the league next season

When the fixtures come out we will all be raring to go and we should look forward to it and the journey it will be, it's not where we wanted to be but a year from now we will look back and say it was a necessity to fix the mess of the previous owner and the previous manager, was never going to be the quick fix we hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Which is what we should be doing

For me I've always thought it would have been a (very welcome) bonus had we got up this time, I'm not going to dwell on today or the tie, was very even over both games and it wasn't meant to be

Compared to this time last year it's night and day with how I feel about next season and the future as I did a year ago

This time I feel confident about our future, think as a club we are going to kick on from here, we have a foundation this time to build on with a summer window to improve where it's required but without the same kind of rebuild before, we have a manager who is more than capable of leading us to the title given the chance of a full season with his own team, we have the owner who will back it, we have the fan base back onside who were staying away due to previous owner and his mess, a fan base which blows anything else out the water in the league next season

When the fixtures come out we will all be raring to go and we should look forward to it and the journey it will be, it's not where we wanted to be but a year from now we will look back and say it was a necessity to fix the mess of the previous owner and the previous manager, was never going to be the quick fix we hoped.
    Bang on.

good post and I agree....however the pressure really is on next year to get the team we need to get us up!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    we have a manager who is more than capable of leading us to the title given the chance of a full season with his own team.
    Any evidence of this?

Agree with the post.

Theres always an overreaction when we lose any game.

Neilson's took us to 2nd and had he been given the full season then he could easily had got us automatic promotion.

Pressure is on sure but we're in a MUCH better position now than we have been in previous years since being down.

I have been involved in football for over 50 years and if we keep the same partnership in central defence and our manager who i originally backed persists with his negative tactics we will still be a Championship club at the end of next season. ST Mirren were a very poor side but their manager at least spent plenty of time on the training ground to teach them how to play out from the back.
    What the phuck has our manager done with our central defenders?,their distribution is the worst i have ever witnessed,the goal we conceded was the fault of both centre halves and both of them came close to scoring but were brilliantly thwarted by their own much maligned keeper,FACT.

I would say for the first time in a long time we’ll be going into next season with a settled squad with only an extra signing or two reqd. In contrast to the Funsters, ICT and any other rivals.. Don’t worry guys next season we’ve got this.

Not remember earlier in season when we were playing out from the back and they were getting pelters from home fans cause we werent good enough to do it?

How many chances did st mirren have due to their fantastic playing out from back tactics?

Reynolds slightly at fault but honestly wtf was connolly doing? surely he gets more the blame than Reynolds.

only thing i agree with you is that their distribution is poor.

I am not seeking to single out a player individually today, but there's no way round it... Connolly was an utter bombscare today.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    Not remember earlier in season when we were playing out from the back and they were getting pelters from home fans cause we werent good enough to do it?

How many chances did st mirren have due to their fantastic playing out from back tactics?

Reynolds slightly at fault but honestly wtf was connolly doing? surely he gets more the blame than Reynolds.

only thing i agree with you is that their distribution is poor.
    So what we all agree with is they cannot be trusted to pass a ball!.they were just as bad v ICT and will repeat it next season v the FUN,ALLOA and the Smokies,FACT.They have no composure whatsoever and i would never sign to keep goal behind them,FACT.We are a Championship club tonight because of our centre half partnership.
    The only way this team can go up next season is if we have two strikers who can score 50 goals between them to compensate for the shambles at the back.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)