+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: IN the end you get the PM you deserve

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are you talking about the 'English gentleman' born in New York under the very English name of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson?

As for coming from good stock, how about "In 2009, Johnson fathered a daughter with Helen MacIntyre, an arts consultant. The child's existence was the subject of legal action in 2013 with the Court of Appeal quashing an injunction seeking to ban reporting of her existence; the judge ruled that the public had a right to know about Johnson's "reckless" behaviour".

Or maybe "In September 2018, Johnson and Wheeler issued a statement confirming that after 25 years of marriage they had separated "several months ago", and had begun the process of getting divorced after Wheeler accused him of infidelity".

You seem to be confusing 'good stock' with 'arrogant rich tosspots'.
    Further to that, your comment about "coming from good stock" has got me thinking. I consider that I was lucky enough to come from good stock. My father was a coal miner and my mother was a machinist (no doubt poor stock in your world) who were honest, hard working, generous and compassionate. We had very little money, but I was taught values that I have tried to pass on to my kids. People like my parents were the backbone of this country in the post-war years. You seem to think that simply coming from a wealthy background constitutes coming from "good stock". I couldn't disagree with you more on that one, in my eyes good stock is based on morals and ethics rather than just having millions of pounds in the bank.

Further to that, your comment about "coming from good stock" has got me thinking. I consider that I was lucky enough to come from good stock. My father was a coal miner and my mother was a machinist (no doubt poor stock in your world) who were honest, hard working, generous and compassionate. We had very little money, but I was taught values that I have tried to pass on to my kids. People like my parents were the backbone of this country in the post-war years. You seem to think that simply coming from a wealthy background constitutes coming from "good stock". I couldn't disagree with you more on that one, in my eyes good stock is based on morals and ethics rather than just having millions of pounds in the bank.

Get the hankies out. What a load of cobblers.

So, if people avoid paying airport parking, do you think the those who work there will suffer? Like it or not, I can't imagine them being on much.
    Last edited by navypie; 16-06-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Are you talking about the 'English gentleman' born in New York under the very English name of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson?

As for coming from good stock, how about "In 2009, Johnson fathered a daughter with Helen MacIntyre, an arts consultant. The child's existence was the subject of legal action in 2013 with the Court of Appeal quashing an injunction seeking to ban reporting of her existence; the judge ruled that the public had a right to know about Johnson's "reckless" behaviour".

Or maybe "In September 2018, Johnson and Wheeler issued a statement confirming that after 25 years of marriage they had separated "several months ago", and had begun the process of getting divorced after Wheeler accused him of infidelity".

You seem to be confusing 'good stock' with 'arrogant rich tosspots'.
    He could have been born in Timbuktu and christened Bill Smith ...... he's still entitled to be classed a gentleman as compared to Comrade C, a man who epitomises everything anti English, in fact a weaselly slob of a man (and every person I speak to, thinks the same)

"Arrogant rich tosspots" - Oh dear here we go again, the language of envy but never admitted to. Incidentally what's wrong with having a bit on the side eh? Try it and enjoy it if you haven't.

But Hey ho old lad, keep the red flag flying.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Get the hankies out. What a load of cobblers.
    I think Elite's parents were a miner and a machinist not cobblers...

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    I think 'we the people' have taken our country down the wrong road for a lot longer. The UK has been going down hill economically, at varying rates, for over 100 years.
    Four**** years of food rationing in Britain ended at midnight on 4 July 1954, when restrictions on the sale and purchase of meat, and bacon were lifted.

This happened nine years after the end of the war .I think you might find much of "going down hill economically", was do to fighting two world wars.

Also much of The " Marshall Aid" received after the war, was spent on Colonial Wars, instead of industrial regeneration, many of which were fought by the post war Labour Government . Another irony ?

Just seen this garbage.

You were lucky then to have a mum who also worked and there is nothing at all wrong with being brought up in a real working class family which you obviously were. So was I son, in a two bedroomed rented semi (my parents spent all their lives in a rented home) and with only Dad's draughtman's wage coming in to raise four kids. My early upbringing was during the war years AND post war so don't come the old soldier with me boy about being relatively poor. Most working class families drilled respect and decent values into their kids and the kids that severely strayed got something you've probably never heard of .... Borstal. Strange that your compassionate and generous teachings ended up with you deciding to be an atheist and anti Royalist eh? I'll wager your mum and dad weren't but you have the right to choose. I'll concede my interpretation of "Good Stock" was over the top in the way I put it but you know what I meant. To coin JP's phrase which getting back to basics sums everything up ........ get over it son you lost.

Quote Originally Posted by microwavedpie View Post
    Four**** years of food rationing in Britain ended at midnight on 4 July 1954, when restrictions on the sale and purchase of meat, and bacon were lifted.

This happened nine years after the end of the war .I think you might find much of "going down hill economically", was do to fighting two world wars.

Also much of The " Marshall Aid" received after the war, was spent on Colonial Wars, instead of industrial regeneration, many of which were fought by the post war Labour Government . Another irony ?
    I blame both major parties to varying extents. Of course WW1 and WW2 made the biggest difference to the downhill slope but they are not the only reasons as you point out. I wasn't being ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Naughty knuckles, what do you think of Raab's declared plan to let large businesses take over secondary schools? Think it'll work?
    I agree with you about Rory Stewart. He may resemble Alfred E Neuman but a guy who can speak 13 languages is more than just a polyglot.
    Wonder if you heard his interview on R4 last week. Stewart was on and the interviewer had a local businessman on the phone. The businessman was putting his case for Brexit and Stewart was talking over him and being extremely condescending. Businessman told Stewart he had no experience and shouldn't pontificate, Stewart replied in the most sanctimonious manner "I am a career politician don't tell me what I know and do not know". A career politician indeed, jumped up pillock!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Just seen this garbage.

You were lucky then to have a mum who also worked and there is nothing at all wrong with being brought up in a real working class family which you obviously were. So was I son, in a two bedroomed rented semi (my parents spent all their lives in a rented home) and with only Dad's draughtman's wage coming in to raise four kids. My early upbringing was during the war years AND post war so don't come the old soldier with me boy about being relatively poor. Most working class families drilled respect and decent values into their kids and the kids that severely strayed got something you've probably never heard of .... Borstal. Strange that your compassionate and generous teachings ended up with you deciding to be an atheist and anti Royalist eh? I'll wager your mum and dad weren't but you have the right to choose. I'll concede my interpretation of "Good Stock" was over the top in the way I put it but you know what I meant. To coin JP's phrase which getting back to basics sums everything up ........ get over it son you lost.
    Thought that a bit strong, then I realized Elite would do worse. Yesterday's coal miners are today's EMA car park attendants.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast