+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Mansfield Town 08.12.18

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Nope. It's giving up. We have players in this squad who are capable of scoring goals and it only takes an error by a defender or a moment of luck or magic to score one.
    Sadly, the opposition are also allowed to play as well!

The evidence of 21 games tells you how good we are matey. We are 23rd and could even be 24th in a couple of hours, all the rest is just gossip.

No disgrace? We tried our best? We are not far off a good team? My god people on here really are out of touch with reality. We are utter garbage , lack of quality is one thing, lack of heart, desire, spirit and energy I cannot and will not defend. Unless we make wholesale changes in January and cut the cancer that is destroying our club we are going to lose our oldest League club status and no amount of rose tinted brigaders is going to save us from that fate. Oh and before you all slate me, my opinion is as valid as yours.yez it's negative, but truly can you point out the positives to me? 40 years of supporting the club and never a lower point. Gutted!!! I start every single match believing and end of gutted at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Sadly, the opposition are also allowed to play as well!

The evidence of 21 games tells you how good we are matey. We are 23rd and could even be 24th in a couple of hours, all the rest is just gossip.
    I don't deny any of that, you miss my point I think

Unfortunately, I think unless the manager can bring in some new faces, we're looking doomed. We only have the fitness and desire to play one half and we're so mentally fragile that we don't know what to do if we concede first and equally don't know what to do if we score first (like against Carlisle).

Although I was fully expecting to lose today, it still comes as a real disappointment, even more so because we went toe-to-toe with them first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    lack of quality is one thing, lack of heart, desire, spirit and energy I cannot and will not defend.
    Agree with that.

Notts78: I think we are a million miles away from attracting 5 or 6 quality players in! We need 2 new full backs and some steel, drive and creativity in midfield. The forwards might have goals in them with better quality players supporting them. Vision, awareness, composure and confidence on the ball are in very short supply.

Like you, I too have hope, but that's it. No confidence, genuine belief or optimism - just hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Not here to gloat, but I think you definitely need some backbone through the middle. Vaughan is a good passer, but he's the ideal opponent for someone like Bishop. Full-backs need sorting too. I still think you've probably got enough to stay up, but it's going to be a stressful end of the season for you.
    100% correct. Many have said that since game 1 this season. Until we can get a tackling centre midfielder and one that can track back with his man, then we will always be up against it every game. Far too many times this season (and last) the opposition just walk through, have that extra man, put pressure on the back four and then score, whilst our midfield are standing in the centre circle looking lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I honestly don’t think we are a million miles away. We don’t need 5/6 new players. We need players that have got ability to step up. We need those without ability to give everything.
    Fitz has improved no end since the start of this season.
    We need Toots fit and back to his best
    I am happy with our centre back options.
    We need a new left back.
    We most certainly need a new centre midfielder... I think we ALL can agree on that.
    Enzio needs to come back so I think we need a loan signing to cover his loss.
    If Thomas can replicate his first 45 mins today, we might actually see a footballer.
    We have 3 more than good enough forwards.
    So all in all I think 3 players minimum.

It’s no disgrace losing to a team that is flying, and away, where we were without some of our best players, and the better players we have available, not being fit.

Most on here predicted a hammering. We avoided that. It could have been worse. It wasn’t. It’s one game. 20 odd to go, so whilst we still have points to play for, a January window to utilise, and players to come back/be match fit. I have hope.

Gimme a couple of pints what you are drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Be honest and/or realistic Swale. We are utter cr@p and unless Ardley can bring in 4 or 5 quality players, which is fairly unlikely, we are rapidly becoming favourites for going down. The clues are there, have been for months.

I somehow think we'll cling on tbh, possibly because they may just be 2 worse teams than us - but that's about our only hope.
    I have to agree, sadly our number appears to be coming up. The possibilities of attracting the quality of players who could do a job of keeping us when the Window opens in January are fast diminishing.as we speak sadly.

Yes agree. I just find it so sad. How long ago were the playoffs? Listening to Slater and Stallard it does come across that the players aren't good enough and lack motivation. Howevee early days for Ardley. I do hope he can keep us up. Love to see some of that fight that AFC Wimbledon showed.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast