+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Donny fans think of today

They are a club moulded in the image of their manager - ugly, unpleasant and nasty. Not an ounce of class in the club or their travelling support.

and a few more from today. gez will they ever calm down

This Rotherham side is not in the same class as our championship side as a football team. That display yesterday was as my mate commented " more like the Beck sides than I have seen for years" it was as agricultural as I have seen for a long time.
    The worst thing that can happen to them is to get promotion and not change the vast majority of their playing staff on display yesterday. On that showing they would be embarrassed at championship level.

Having time to reflect... dead unlucky today. We were much the better team first half. They came at us second half. Anderson going off really turned the game. A draw was probably a fair result given their pressure in the last half hour.
    the penalty. Never a penno. Ref totally mugged.

It’s a lovely stadium but the fans are animals

Their stadium looks good externally but after that, all things considered, the KM is superior for fan comfort and safety

For me there stadium its not a better stadium. I don't give a damn about a crazy lego style roof. Or stupid looking floodlights. The ground is smaller, the whole complex is nothing like our stadium complex with the second pitch etc. The whole area around the ground is bombsite and slum clearance. The councourses are more akin to a ground like Scarborough or Chesterfield. Give me a bigger more spacious ground anyday than lego style roofs!

bigger club?, don't make me laugh, they are without doubt a smaller club, buoyed by parachute payments from the championship for now... Ok i exaggerate, lets face it we are both two relatively similar sized clubs but we have woke up and smelt the coffee in the past few years and know we are probably where our budget and team are right now, a league one club (and hopefully remain so next season) but for any idiot to go on radio dee dar and declare us not a rival and a smaller club is still living in cloud cuckoo land, and i think if they don't go back up this year, they will start to realise their place.. Stewart's money won't last forever!

("Better atmosphere, better acoustics, better PA system, more unique design, more natural light. Shall I go on?")
    Atmosphere - it was a derby, and their fans were ****e for most of it.
    Acoustics - maybe, or maybe because there's more fans making more of a racket in a smaller area.
    PA system - I'll give you that.
    Unique design? hahaha, it looks like they got it out of a Lego set.
    Natural light? who gives a ****e about that at a football game, really?

Remind me, where is the final of the UEFA International U17 Tournament going to be held later this year?

I remember when Donny came up to the Champship in 2004, they were a dirty side when they had to be and we simply couldn't beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I remember when Donny came up to the Champship in 2004, they were a dirty side when they had to be and we simply couldn't beat them.
    No wonder with Paul Hart in charge , they were grim times back then .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No wonder with Paul Hart in charge , they were grim times back then .
    It didn't help though when they/dirty Donny sent John Doolan out to do a right hatchet job on Stephen McPhail, who was one of our better players. And thats the night in the fog isn't when our fans were booing Michael Chopra, or rather they were booing Hart's insistence on playing him.

Lol we're a smaller club i've heard it all now. We have never played non league for starters, we have better head to head record, historically bigger crowds home and away aswell other than that they have a point. They barely sold the 2600 allocation they were given to there first ever visit here and we take 4000 on a televised game at noon at their place. They must be hurting so bad to be coming out with bs like that the the deluded pickeys.

There were two donk fans walking by the riverside at the back of the family stand singing "my garden shed is bigger than this"
    A retort went back saying he was the only tool in his shed

Admittedly in the 2 games we played them we were terrible. On Saturday they brought us down to their level and their constant time wasting tactics almost worked- it completely killed off our play.

As for the comments about NYS, they must be blind or have a few brain cells missing if they think the Keepmoat is better than our stadium.

They keep saying we're a terrible team and kept hoof-balling and the ball never touched the ground etc etc, but I think that shows how good and diverse we actually are. We all know we play our best when we play and pass from the back rather than hoof balling. However we can adapt to whatever comes our way and grind out a result. I didn't think we got going until Smith scored, and justice was duly served for their time wasting

Ferguson clearly came with a plan to stop us rather than to push on themselves, it's exactly what we used to do last season and it led to us being relegated.... if we were such a terrible team their tactics would've been the opposite of what they were

UTM

The moon has more atmosphere than the Keepmott

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast