+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Are We Still Short ?

Where Are We Still Short ?

A couple of strikers for me , not projects either , good enough to come in and rotate around Moore and Woodrow .

Assuming Lindsay goes to Stoke City then we still need another centre back .

Happy enough to let Jordan Williams and Cavare fight it out at right back but I'd like to another left back come in and challenge Pinillos , Ben Williams isn't ready yet for this level .

Other than that I think we are good to go .

Agree with you animal but need 2 CBs. Need 4 to cover injuries, suspensions and loss of form. Bound to get more suspensions at championship level due to our style of play and more pinickarty referees. After all we are little old Barnsley so every hard tackle has to be penalised.

I'd go along with most of that, we seem well covered in midfield too, a few injuries and or suspensions could alter that quickly though , 2 cental defenders, at least 1 striker definitely , and as mentioned cover for Pinillos , a think we still have a few suprices lined up , after Davies and Lindsey have gone ? No more departures ? Only loans

Need another defensive midfielder.

I think we need to strengthen everywhere. We’re forming a good first team but not much competition for places anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Father_Jack_Hackett View Post
    Need another defensive midfielder.
    Someone like Ray Mchale? Perfect

Looking at the squad as of now minus Davies and Lindsay .

Goalkeepers

Collins
    Walton

Defenders

Pinnock
    J Williams
    Cavare
    B Williams
    Pinillos
    Anderson

Midfield

Mowatt
    McGeehan
    Dougall
    Bahre
    Thiam
    Thomas
    Styles
    Green
    Brown

Forwards

Moore
    Woodrow
    Victor
    Miller

Definitely some serious additions needed up top and defensively .

I agree with Animal - CBS and definitely at least one up-to-speed striker. Kieffer & Cawley will get injured/be off form/suspended etc - Jacob could be one of them but need another! Pinnillos is a bit slow but, if he’s playing alongside Ethan, it’ll be better - Liam a bit slow n’all so 2 together is not so good. With Zeki going, we could do with an experienced LB

Got to hope we keep Pinnock, he still hasn’t signed a contract extension and if he doesn’t he’ll be flogged

Add maranda I thought that were a done deal? When it's laid out like that we are short In defence and attack. Midfield looks good, like to see young styles this season, I think he's ready to tear it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast