+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May the best team win!

Quote Originally Posted by deadyoyomagpie View Post
    Shocking how you were treated Navy. However, just to add some balance on the Covo fans, I had a 15 minute walk back to my car and was completed outnumbered by their fans. There was no bother whatsoever.
    I'm sure that will make my lad feel a lot better.

Shocking how you were treated Navy. However, just to add some balance on the Covo fans, I had a 15 minute walk back to my car and was completed outnumbered by their fans. There was no bother whatsoever.
    Yeah i chatted to a few fans on the way back to the car who were nothing but pleasant. (Not that I'm defending whatever someone else experienced)

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Cheers let's hope fans don't try to invade the pitch after a goal or set off flares.

Edit: The handball incident isn't a penalty either way as your number 12 is quite clearly offside before he heads it and it hits the Notts players' arm.
    Last edited by Freeman25; 13-05-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm sure that will make my lad feel a lot better.
    Sorry to hear about you and your lad, Navy.......unfortunately sometimes it is "the luck of the draw"

I have taken my lads to Aldershot and been treated like royalty....got back to see reports on MAD of a Notts-designated Aldershot pub being attacked near the away end, never had any trouble at Port Vale, Oldham, Lincoln, Mansfield and Bradford, plus many others....not even a sniff of trouble.

Went to an away game at the new Stoke ground not long after it opened, and watched a young Notts lad getting a right kicking 20 yards ahead of me....raced over and stood over the guy until the police raced over from the away end......effing animals......made it to the car safely, but it scared the life out of me....got back to read that our coach was also "bricked".

I would guess that most Covo fans are decent people......but sometimes it is a question of wrong time, wrong place.....hope your lad is ok.....tell him to keep posting the vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Yeh I don’t want anything dodgy to play a part in it, just a decent game with plenty of action and a fair result! Not too much to ask for is it lol.
    Fair result you say? Thanks ref. It is you isn't it? Ref?

Quote Originally Posted by gozzie321 View Post
    Let's just hope it's not a dodgy refereeing decision or controversial goal that decides it.I am sure whoever loses will be moaning about something it the nature of all supporters.
    But we do have something to moan about and it wasn't a dodgy decision it was a terrible one.

Oh, and thanks for adding " some balance " . Rather insensitive don't you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sorry to hear about you and your lad, Navy.......unfortunately sometimes it is "the luck of the draw"

I have taken my lads to Aldershot and been treated like royalty....got back to see reports on MAD of a Notts-designated Aldershot pub being attacked near the away end, never had any trouble at Port Vale, Oldham, Lincoln, Mansfield and Bradford, plus many others....not even a sniff of trouble.

Went to an away game at the new Stoke ground not long after it opened, and watched a young Notts lad getting a right kicking 20 yards ahead of me....raced over and stood over the guy until the police raced over from the away end......effing animals......made it to the car safely, but it scared the life out of me....got back to read that our coach was also "bricked".

I would guess that most Covo fans are decent people......but sometimes it is a question of wrong time, wrong place.....hope your lad is ok.....tell him to keep posting the vids.
    He will mate .

For some reason I feel the need to apologise for the dick heads who kicked off with some of you guys after the game!
    Those of you who I saw/spoke to were decent people who were there, like most of us, for football & nothing else.
    Please don’t let the few ruin your opinions of Coventry & it’s supporters, the majority of us are decent honestly!
    Actually hate this young, chavvy following we are getting. It’s pathetic!

Hope there is no trouble in the return fixture from our idiots. You’re a good old club and I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Oh, and thanks for adding " some balance " . Rather insensitive don't you think ?
    I don't think he is, its a football match not a WI tea party, news flash football matches attract an unsavoury element, its just what it is, seen the same from our 'crew' plenty of times, spitting on Mrs T's kids in our own ground !

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    I don't think he is, its a football match not a WI tea party, news flash football matches attract an unsavoury element, its just what it is, seen the same from our 'crew' plenty of times, spitting on Mrs T's kids in our own ground !
    So I should just accept it should I ? We had to run the gauntlet not you . I had to wipe the saliva of my sons back not you . I had to calm him down when we got back to the car not you . He doesn't want to wear his shirt at away games anymore but it is me who's trying to reassure him not you .Don't you dare tell its not a fcuking tea party you prick.

ps. If my son doesn't want to go anymore then I would understand . We would just have to find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. It wont happen because he's Notts daft ( a bigger fan than I was at his age ) but if that's the future , and I have seen several incidents at away games in the past few seasons that worries me , well I would be more than happy if he walked away from Notts.
    Last edited by navypie; 13-05-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast