+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa league

Europa league

I would love to be confident in our chances, but do you think AFC and McInnes will now write this off as a transition period, even if you should probably be good enough on paper to go through?
    Also what should our team be for next week, thoughts?

no, we need to go for this. One of the most important games of the season. Treat it on a par with the Cup Final. Can save us from the repetitve drudgery of the domestic competition. The draw today should give us added incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedRichard View Post
    no, we need to go for this. One of the most important games of the season. Treat it on a par with the Cup Final. Can save us from the repetitve drudgery of the domestic competition. The draw today should give us added incentive.
    Could not agree more. This is potentially worth more, money, progress and exposure for the club than lifting the Scottish Cup. It's just a massive game. The group stages are within reach if we go to Cyprus and win. Even a playoff could be a real money spinner. Plus it'd just GIRFU the Zombie nation.

I've no doubt McInnes will have the troops in the perfect frame of mind for it. We need to find that extra gear that the Bosnians haven't seen. More cutting edge and as the manager says, control proceedings for longer.

I just found out that my flight to work in Alaska is on Thursday so I'll be keeping tabs on the game from the air. *******!

Same position after the Maribor result. We need to learn from that. We have another gear, i dont think they have. But will the heat and the officials influence, and more importantly will WE turn up....time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Heed_Don_In View Post
    Same position after the Maribor result. We need to learn from that. We have another gear, i dont think they have. But will the heat and the officials influence, and more importantly will WE turn up....time will tell.
    GMS would have wiped the floor with them if it were not for literally just joining and it being the first game of the season.

To have two further rounds though makes it almost impossible to get to the group stages imo.

My fear is the lack of match fitness and sharpness. We can still go through but will have to play in a slower more controlled manner, we are not yet ready to play a high intensity game for 90 minutes, especially in the heat.

Qualification for the groups is such a long-shot, especially when you see the sides coming into play in even the 3rd round. UEFA doesn't want the minnows making it, that much is clear.
    We've been fortunate with the draws - in football terms - but given the changes and rustiness we may still fall before reaching the final hurdle.

Never mind that, anyone know of a boozer in Edinburgh showing the game on Thursday? I see on another thread that Premier Sports defo has it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougvierocks View Post
    I would love to be confident in our chances, but do you think AFC and McInnes will now write this off as a transition period, even if you should probably be good enough on paper to go through?
    Also what should our team be for next week, thoughts?
    No. Reaching the group stages of the Europa League is a MASSIVE ambition for McInnes and the club. Admittedly, the Siroki Brijeg tie is on a knife-edge and looking like we're up against it. I'm quietly confident we'll sneak a result on Thursday - mainly on the back of our other away results in QR2 over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney77 View Post
    Qualification for the groups is such a long-shot, especially when you see the sides coming into play in even the 3rd round. UEFA doesn't want the minnows making it, that much is clear.
    We've been fortunate with the draws - in football terms - but given the changes and rustiness we may still fall before reaching the final hurdle.

Never mind that, anyone know of a boozer in Edinburgh showing the game on Thursday? I see on another thread that Premier Sports defo has it on.
    I'm sure you'll get a boozer showing the game. Me and the wife were in Lisbon when we were due to play Bayern 2007 I think at home and I walked into a pub to ask if they were showing the game and the guy was like yes we have British tv..... So we ate their that night with others and I was pretty blootered by the end of that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney77 View Post

Wilkies Bar in Leith or The Tron in Hunters Sq

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast