+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are we worth ?

The debt is what it is and neefs to be taken into account in the sale price. I doubt where this increased price business has come from. There's been no official announcement and why would he leak that information?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    This. He's loving this business right now as he's spending next to nowt only for Rafa and the players to provide him with miracles = money.
    What was the alternative seeing as we were newly promoted and basically having to start back on a steady slow ground?

It's fine if fans want to call Ashley greedy and simply hoarding money for his pockets or what not, but he's always generally in a rock and a hard place no matter which way he goes.

If he stays I have no qualms about him releasing cash from the funds...and decent cash at that...but sensible cash on the understanding of more transfer fees means more wages, so a structure must be set if we don't want to fall into the Sunderland type trap or the trap so many other clubs will fall into when their subsidised existence becomes in house economy drives that struggle to be driven.

Other than that and assuming he's adamant on leaving, then it's only natural he's going to go for a price that he can be happy with, regardless.
    Whether people think that's right or wrong is only an issue because most just want him out and know that his asking price might create a massive stumbling block.

It could well do, but don't you think that might be a good thing?

I know I know, I can almost hear people shouting WHAT.... A GOOD THING?

Yes, a good thing because any potential owner that wants this club for reasons of taking it forward and not just skimming the cream from the top or scooping the lot for their own pockets; will pay the rate asked or at least come to a fair agreement where all parties are happy.

This gives us, as fans, a better insight into what we would be getting as new owners rather than Ashley just selling to hard negotiators at a knockdown price just to get rid of the club.

Lots of things to really think about regardless of whatever anyone thinks of Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yup. Plus he fucked up by not doing due diligence and he's going to price buyers out of the market because he wants them to pay for his mistake.

Therefore, what he's asking isn't what we're worth (although I understand the point Ghost and Kal are making).
    You're right, he did make a massive mistake with due diligence and I put that down more to the bluff of Hall and co and Ashley's naive haste of wanting a club like ours, by them more or less selling the club as though it was near pristine and ready to run by using the (most likely) fictional malaysian (?) consortium who were ready to buy as a bait to reel him in.

Obviously I'm speculating.

Anyway he bought into it all and realised the problems once in. His fault in one sense but one underhand trick nonetheless with the Newcastle United football club escapees with the loot.

Regardless of what we all think, a lot of behind the scenes work has went into the club to get it on a financial footing that is clearly stable, regardless of people saying the club owes Ashley this and that.
    The reality is, if he sells, he sells lock stock and barrel, with no debts owed for the incoming owners, except the ongoing financial running of the club itself and the future squad build and clearouts.

If someone is willing to pay a high price for a pet you can be fairly sure they'll look after that pet.
    If someone hussles and harries to get a pet for a knockdown price...who knows what's in store of it.

Basically, like I said. If new owners want to look after this club and take it forward, then stop haggling and pay the minimum requirements asked for and start looking after it, inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You're right, he did make a massive mistake with due diligence and I put that down more to the bluff of Hall and co.
    Are you for real.It was 100 percent Ashleys fault.They can't cook the books man.Its illegal and after the takeover any discrepancy would have came to light.He didn't look at them and for this so called brilliant business man that is a massive error.He is to blame and nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I can't sell my house for £300,000 what do i do ? I raise the asking price to £400,000. That should shift it.
    if your house was going to get a mosque and a few hundred houses built at the back of you when it was originally valued and then that wasn't going to happen your value would go up

it was valued at 300 mill when we wer e threatened with relegation
    we aint now

if stavely has the money and the ambition she will buy

how much has ashly taken out of the club

apart from his advertising how much ahs he physical taken in wages dividends etc .loan repayments

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    if your house was going to get a mosque and a few hundred houses built at the back of you when it was originally valued and then that wasn't going to happen your value would go up

it was valued at 300 mill when we wer e threatened with relegation
    we aint now

if stavely has the money and the ambition she will buy

And how many buyers met that £300 million valuation ?

NONE !

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    You're right, he did make a massive mistake with due diligence and I put that down more to the bluff of Hall and co and Ashley's naive haste of wanting a club like ours, by them more or less selling the club as though it was near pristine and ready to run by using the (most likely) fictional malaysian (?) consortium who were ready to buy as a bait to reel him in.

Obviously I'm speculating.

Anyway he bought into it all and realised the problems once in. His fault in one sense but one underhand trick nonetheless with the Newcastle United football club escapees with the loot.

Regardless of what we all think, a lot of behind the scenes work has went into the club to get it on a financial footing that is clearly stable, regardless of people saying the club owes Ashley this and that.
    The reality is, if he sells, he sells lock stock and barrel, with no debts owed for the incoming owners, except the ongoing financial running of the club itself and the future squad build and clearouts.

If someone is willing to pay a high price for a pet you can be fairly sure they'll look after that pet.
    If someone hussles and harries to get a pet for a knockdown price...who knows what's in store of it.

Basically, like I said. If new owners want to look after this club and take it forward, then stop haggling and pay the minimum requirements asked for and start looking after it, inside and out.
    It certainly wasn't an underhand trick by the "escapees" as all of the books and information were at hand and available to any prospective purchaser.

It was just that Ashley was a GREEDY prospective buyer that he was too quick and too naive and had to jump in quickly.

It's just like 20 pristine second hand cars on a car sales front with 19 having a full exclusive warranty but the last one labelled sold as seen.

You either take a chance on it or you have an engineer look it over to see if any faults are going to cost more to rectify than the difference in price the "bargain" is and what it's worth in pristine condition.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    how much has ashly taken out of the club

apart from his advertising how much ahs he physical taken in wages dividends etc .loan repayments
    Nobody knows.He will be taking the so called loan on top of valuation if sold.Also he has done alright with Sports Direct more than doubling in share price and value.
    Oh and by the way.For a successful businessman you don't know much about business.The club is owned lock stock and barrel by Ashley.We have no shareholders so there is no dividend to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    It certainly wasn't an underhand trick by the "escapees" as all of the books and information were at hand and available to any prospective purchaser.

It was just that Ashley was a GREEDY prospective buyer that he was too quick and too naive and had to jump in quickly.

It's just like 20 pristine second hand cars on a car sales front with 19 having a full exclusive warranty but the last one labelled sold as seen.

You either take a chance on it or you have an engineer look it over to see if any faults are going to cost more to rectify than the difference in price the "bargain" is and what it's worth in pristine condition.
    the books were available to ALL.... I got a copy every year as a shareholder.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)