+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clarification of offside needed.

Clarification of offside needed.

With the new technology about to take over we need to know how much of a player needs to be offside for him to be called offside. Last night half of Barry's body was off. What if it had just been his arm, or part of one leg?
    It needs putting in black and white to avoid any confusion.

It would have gone in anyway because Mignolet have given up on it.

I felt the VAR was wrong on that one. It was said a while back that there had to be some "daylight' between the players to be given. Half your torso should not be classed as offside.

They said in the aftermath that the keeper was being impeded too but what I saw was Mignolet pushing Barry in the back get the VAR...penalty to us...

I don't think you can say Barry wasn't interfering for that goal, just would like to know what is going to be called offside in the future. I'd say all the player has to be off. Just so long as we know so it is universal.
    Be good to see those little tugs like the one which cost us the penalty disappear as well. The dive was theatrical just to get the refs attention but the tug did happen and could have been costly.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I don't think you can say Barry wasn't interfering for that goal, just would like to know what is going to be called offside in the future. I'd say all the player has to be off. Just so long as we know so it is universal.
    Be good to see those little tugs like the one which cost us the penalty disappear as well. The dive was theatrical just to get the refs attention but the tug did happen and could have been costly.
    In all honesty Barry was offside, it is any part of the body that can score a goal, plus he did take a swipe at the ball so offside, just that bloody annoying time wasting waiting for someone the other side of the world watching a TV to make a decision when we were in the driving seat.

VAR ref was Andre Marriner the villa fan,who gave Chelsea that non penalty

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    VAR ref was Andre Marriner the villa fan,who gave Chelsea that non penalty
    That revelation just ups the credit our boys deserve, playing against extra men.

VAR was used against us to great effect. Every effort was made to punish us at every opportunity.
    We all want a fair game so let’s hope the system analyses all the big clubs as well with such enthusiasm and does not become a tool to legitimatise the bias officials often show to the big clubs.

Mr Marriner has previous with us remember

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    VAR was used against us to great effect. Every effort was made to punish us at every opportunity.
    We all want a fair game so let’s hope the system analyses all the big clubs as well with such enthusiasm and does not become a tool to legitimatise the bias officials often show to the big clubs.

Mr Marriner has previous with us remember
    I believe the FA appologised for the Chelsea debacle and said he was a late choice because of illness or something like that...why then do they let the same ref adjudicate from afar?

One thing that my son has picked up on is that when VAR has been used the 'smaller' clubs do not get a look in...he noticed this when Fleetwood played Leicester...it was Leicester that got all the VAR....so come on FA get it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)