+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our new man Marcelo - the messiah or just a very naughty boy ?

Dont care if we finish 10th thank god its not Bruce or long ball boring macarthy great to see a manager who will attack

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Strap in and hold tight.
    Its gonna be a bumpy one this billy boy!

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Dont care if we finish 10th thank god its not Bruce or long ball boring macarthy great to see a manager who will attack
    .......or put a squad together who know how too .........and consistently. We shall see. Hold on to your bife de lomo.

One thing that's almost guaranteed is we won't get the start we did under TC (though I guess you never know.....), so I just hope people have a bit of patience and aren't expecting miracles from the first match.

Messiah or not, he's just another manager coming into a league he knows nothing about with some bang average players and a now even greater weight of expectation than with any any of the recent managers we've had. He isn't going to turn Wiedwald into a world class keeper nor Sacko into a world class ball crosser; and he's probably still going to get turned over by the likes of Millwall and Brentford. I'd have a wager with anyone on here that he's not our manager come this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Messiah or not, he's just another manager coming into a league he knows nothing about with some bang average players and a now even greater weight of expectation than with any any of the recent managers we've had. He isn't going to turn Wiedwald into a world class keeper nor Sacko into a world class ball crosser; and he's probably still going to get turned over by the likes of Millwall and Brentford. I'd have a wager with anyone on here that he's not our manager come this time next year.
    Messi might be available after the World Cup if he has a shocker though? Contacts...!

Joking aside - agreed - whatever happens it will need to be with high quality purchases, so let's hope he has made that the subject of the lengthy negotiations to get that written into his contract and forced people's wallets to open wide.

Like some others I find it hard to believe a coach of his standing would come to a club with the majority of current players (at best) being average in the championship and a couple who could maybe get into a promotion side, and think he's going to turn water into wine - meanwhile staking his reputation on doing it at a huge club like ours where he will very much be under a spotlight and watched internationally, not just nationally. We're not a provincial and strictly domestic French side like Lille. We have history and status beyond the city and country and he clearly knows that in his first statements made about the job.

Hope I'm not wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Its gonna be a bumpy one this billy boy!
    14/1 to win the league yesterday. 10/1 today. And not a player signed yet.
    I think Marley has secretly shelled out a couple of grand.

Yer a real barrel of fun. At least Marley can provide the odd laugh.

I believe he will get the best out of the team, even the ****iest player will benefit.

I also think that for some coaches and Bielsa is one of them, that what the league is like is irrelevant.

Another thing, the wage structure has now gone out of the window. I would expect decent signings to be made now.

Cloud cuckoo land maybe, but I'm keeping the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Strap in and hold tight.
    In or on??

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)