+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now That's What You Call A Work In Progress

I just keep thinking he/Brad Potts needs to 'lose a few pounds of weight' Jules, and maybe Mamadoo also needs to do the same.

Get Mido's bike art a stooar-room.

I liked the look of thiam today with a few games under his belt he will be a good partner with bradshaw up front, thats if hecky ever wants to play with 2 strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I just keep thinking he/Brad Potts needs to 'lose a few pounds of weight' Jules, and maybe Mamadoo also needs to do the same.
    He's lost a fair bit since Bristol. Mammadou looked lost, and overweight.

I suspect as one or two have mentioned quite rightly on here in the past about becoming less predictable is where the one up top thinking comes in with Hecky .

Problem is at this moment in time I don't feel he has the personnel to carry this off , this must be Bradshaw's ump****th opportunity to be the lone striker and it's not looked like coming off yet .

With Terry and Chester at the back for Villa last night it was even less likely to come off especially at home .

Bradshaw starts with a partner up top or he sits on the bench , it really is that simple now and let's face it Bradshaw isn't a new signing so it's even more baffling that we persist with him in this role .

What we needed last night was a quick tempo and a bit of in your face , Villa short on confidence and a manager feeling the heat wouldn't have cared too much for that live on Sky .

Again it's back to the personnel isn't it , last season's team would have flown out of the traps with wide men providing crosses for the two front guys , high tempo and intensity , Scowen biting at the legs etc etc .

That said we are where we are and this group does offer Hecky a more diverse selection , the flaw is that its getting tested out in Championship fixtures and not at Spotland or Vale Park , huge difference .

Lot's of new toys and conundrums for Hecky to play around with , ok with time on your side but the killing fields of The Championship in 2017 could be a different matter .

Animal's best scenario is that we are in a group of struggling clubs around december time and not cast a drift , a couple of wins takes you up several places so to speak .

The January window may hold the key to staying in the league me thinks .

I can never see 4-5-1 working with our present squad of players we've nobody who can play the lone sticker role,nobody in the Ward/Shipperly mould. It might stand a chance if one the midfield took turns in getting close to him to offer support but that's not happening and we don't yet seem to have that midfielder with the vision to thread that killer ball, let's hope it will all come good given time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I can never see 4-5-1 working with our present squad of players we've nobody who can play the lone sticker role,nobody in the Ward/Shipperly mould. It might stand a chance if one the midfield took turns in getting close to him to offer support but that's not happening and we don't yet seem to have that midfielder with the vision to thread that killer ball, let's hope it will all come good given time.
    Spot on Doggs.

I have to say I didn't think Villa were all that myself .

The thing that disappointed me most is that they were gifted the goals and the cushion to go on and win fairly comfortably .

The classic get out of jail for free card , I wouldn't be placing too much money on them getting promoted this season I can tell you that .

Hecky's got his work cut out this season there's little doubt about that but he needs to stop making life harder for himself also .

In my opinion he's seeking a horses for courses team selection method , making use of the diversity within the group , it maybe a little early for that policy and it's possibly likely to strangle any cohesion and understandings from developing , only Davis seems to be sure of a start .

Tough is this situation and over thinking isn't helpful either .

The players to take us to mid table maybe under Hecky's nose , question is , will he be aware of that or will time get the better of him .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 17-09-2017 at 12:09 PM.

What do we make of the penalty, on first viewing I thought it was a definite pen but I've run it in slow mo and freeze framed it and I still don't know if he got the slightest of touch, either way I can't blame the ref it was a hard one to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    What do we make of the penalty, on first viewing I thought it was a definite pen but I've run it in slow mo and freeze framed it and I still don't know if he got the slightest of touch, either way I can't blame the ref it was a hard one to call.
    If it gets Jackson out of the team it was the clearest penalty you are likely to see , red card and a 38 game ban .

:-) :-) :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast