+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Cosgrove

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Apparently he won’t because he only scored against St Mirren and it doesn’t count as they are so sh1te.
    Pretty sure mclennon will score more than 3 goals in his first 42 or so games cosgrove was crap before the st mirren game and he will still be crap after that game

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    cosgrove was crap before the st mirren game and he will still be crap after that game
    Cosgrove is a muppet and should not be anywhere near Aberdeen Football club.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Cosgrove is a muppet and should not be anywhere near Aberdeen Football club.
    You dont say? Zzzz

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

I did not write that (honestly) but I could have

https://nam05.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

I did not write that (honestly) but I could have
    It's all spot on - 7 of his 13 goals this season from the penalty spot. Some others from set pieces, and hardly any from open play. However... surely that says more about the team, strategy, style, formation etc than just him. Sure, he could create chances for himself - but most strikers rely on team-mates creating chances for them. Our team don't create chances. Can he create a chance for himself out of a massive punt up the park that rarely goes anywhere near him? Most strikers couldn't.

I've been a big critic of Cosgrove but I do think there's been some improvement in his general play. The problem isn't so much him as the players around him and the style of play. "Cosgrove doesn't score from open play and hardly ever takes shots at goal" is just the tip of the iceberg of our issues - there's loads of reasons behind why that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It's all spot on - 7 of his 13 goals this season from the penalty spot. Some others from set pieces, and hardly any from open play. However... surely that says more about the team, strategy, style, formation etc than just him. Sure, he could create chances for himself - but most strikers rely on team-mates creating chances for them. Our team don't create chances. Can he create a chance for himself out of a massive punt up the park that rarely goes anywhere near him? Most strikers couldn't.

I've been a big critic of Cosgrove but I do think there's been some improvement in his general play. The problem isn't so much him as the players around him and the style of play. "Cosgrove doesn't score from open play and hardly ever takes shots at goal" is just the tip of the iceberg of our issues - there's loads of reasons behind why that's the case.
    It's no big secret that I honestly feel strongly since the day we signed him that he is mince, you may have noticed I have been pretty vocal about that. and my opinion on that has not and will not change.

To be fair I have given him the odd bit of credit now and again (nae much) and he can score penalties (normally)
    But your right the bigger problem is the quality of the players round about him and the lack of any decent service, so in summary if Sam fkn Cosgrove is being classed as better quality or standard of football player than the rest of the first team outfield players then holy fkn sh1t Houston we have a problem.

It's no big secret that I honestly feel strongly since the day we signed him that he is mince, you may have noticed I have been pretty vocal about that. and my opinion on that has not and will not change.

To be fair I have given him the odd bit of credit now and again (nae much) and he can score penalties (normally)
    But your right the bigger problem is the quality of the players round about him and the lack of any decent service, so in summary if Sam fkn Cosgrove is being classed as better quality or standard of football player than the rest of the first team outfield players then holy fkn sh1t Houston we have a problem.
    This is just a very silly post. Ask any supporter of a non arse cheek team in Scotland whether they would rather have Cosgrove or their own no. 9 in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    This is just a very silly post. Ask any supporter of a non arse cheek team in Scotland whether they would rather have Cosgrove or their own no. 9 in their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    We all have our strengths and weaknesses.
    BUS's is obviously that he can't spot a player

It's alright, your strength is opening up "Fishal" match threads, albeit occasionally prematurely