+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Game changer News Tommorrow

Ryan Yates has just signed a new 3 year deal. Obviously rated, but bound to be back out for loan now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Ryan Yates has just signed a new 3 year deal. Obviously rated, but bound to be back out for loan now.
    Bit of an odd one that. He only signed a new long term contract in January didn't he? What was the rush to have him sign a new one?

"I am not the droid you are looking for"
    Droid ay?

Cease all motor functions.

Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Bit of an odd one that. He only signed a new long term contract in January didn't he? What was the rush to have him sign a new one?
    Preparation in case the promotion doesn't come perhaps? 2 years down the road they have a good midfielder waiting in the wings just in case?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    From the threads on here it appears we've signed three players called Enzio in addition to the four called Nathan Thomas yesterday.

ps How do you pronounce 'Boldewijn'? Is it like Mike from Corrie, or should we leave it to Charlie Slater?
    My stab at pronouncing his name is Boldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Preparation in case the promotion doesn't come perhaps? 2 years down the road they have a good midfielder waiting in the wings just in case?
    From what I can gather. We have been training as a squad earlier than most. Yates has been involved in that and Karanka has taken a shine to him.
    The new deal is to bump his wages up a bit more.
    Obviously, the club are going for it this season, so he's going to struggle to establish himself at the current time. Not that I don't doubt he won't, but playing at a league club is better than sitting out watching.
    He is being compared with Chris Cohen, that's do me.
    Reality is, you guys have seen him more than I have. No better intelligence gathering than supporters watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    My stab at pronouncing his name is Boldwin.
    That's how he seems to pronounce it going on one of the videos released on Twitter yesterday.

From what I can gather. We have been training as a squad earlier than most. Yates has been involved in that and Karanka has taken a shine to him.
    The new deal is to bump his wages up a bit more.
    Obviously, the club are going for it this season, so he's going to struggle to establish himself at the current time. Not that I don't doubt he won't, but playing at a league club is better than sitting out watching.
    He is being compared with Chris Cohen, that's do me.
    Reality is, you guys have seen him more than I have. No better intelligence gathering than supporters watching him.
    He was very good at breaking up play and putting his head in but I'm not entirely sure he's ready for Championship football just yet. He gets goals from set pieces but his forward passing is a bit lacking. He chooses the simple ball rather than a flashy pass to nowhere which I like but definitely put him as a battling type of midfielder. Definitely lightweight for the championship though

I would have thought it would be pronounced Boulder wine or vine, depending on how dutch you're feeling but the way he says it himself in the short clip on twitter sounds like "Boldwin" so I'm consulting a dutch friend and will report back

Welshman - so its 'Blodwyn'

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast