+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: England vs Croatia

Sod it - what a pity.

Quite frankly we weren't good enough. We found ourselves in the semi final because of a kind draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Sod it - what a pity.
    We played well for 20 mins then decided to try and defend it out, never works. Can't we launch the ball into the box anymore? 5 mins left and we were passing it up and down the field???? We wimped out when we should have gone in search of the 2nd goal, IMO.

Proud of the lads , the better team won but the ref gave them every 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Croatia probably the better team on the night and just about deserve the win.
    Well said. England had a great tournament but were beaten by the better team tonight. England had no player like Perisic.
    There were zero expectations for this young England side but they given a lot of hope for the future and established some world cup level players - Maguire, Stones, Trippier, Kane, maybe Pickford too

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    The better team my arse! We went from total control to total panic. Why the **** was Kane playing so deep??? We lost the plot and the men found the boys out.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Ref was diabolical. Lovren was lucky to see out the first half in my opinion, how he didn't get booked I do not know. Also, that linesman was awful, gave an offside for a ball coming off the goalkeeper, failed to spot a throw and a corner, this is a world cup semi final, if these refs can't get it right, there is no hope for anyone

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Funny how every attack ends with Sterling. Bring on Rashford
    They did and he didn't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Ref was diabolical. Lovren was lucky to see out the first half in my opinion, how he didn't get booked I do not know. Also, that linesman was awful, gave an offside for a ball coming off the goalkeeper, failed to spot a throw and a corner, this is a world cup semi final, if these refs can't get it right, there is no hope for anyone
    The linesman gave a goal kick off the post not offside (if you are talking about the first half?).

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Quite frankly we weren't good enough. We found ourselves in the semi final because of a kind draw.
    Who the fcuk cares if we weren't good enough . I always want my country and Notts to win even if we aren't good enough , I hate nobs like you. I bet you're Big fatties mate.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast