+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Bri's next charity night.

Very similar to my experiences with my mum a few years ago Pete and another disgrace that things haven't improved.

As you say,it is the norm for staff to just leave food at the bedside and then collect it untouched making no attempt to help the patient eat.

I am pleased that at least your dad is in a decent care home and I hope he spends the last bit of his life with dignity and comfort....surely that's the least our elderly deserve rather than being vilified for living too long and being accused of 'blocking' hospital beds!

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Very similar to my experiences with my mum a few years ago Pete and another disgrace that things haven't improved.

As you say,it is the norm for staff to just leave food at the bedside and then collect it untouched making no attempt to help the patient eat.

I am pleased that at least your dad is in a decent care home and I hope he spends the last bit of his life with dignity and comfort....surely that's the least our elderly deserve rather than being vilified for living too long and being accused of 'blocking' hospital beds!
    Kind words Kempo - thanks

I will be happy to support you on this one from afar, Bri. Like most of the other posters on this thread I've had my brush with dementia. My mother struggled with it for several years and although I miss her terribly now she's gone, it was a relief in some ways to put an end to all the misery. If we can do anything to improve the quality of life for people who are affected by this, it will be for the good. I would also want to support the diabetes cause since my grandmother died of it.

Those feelings re your mother CT are mirrored by myself exactly.

Dementia is the 'long goodbye' and a very unpleasant goodbye it is.

Heartbraking isn't it lads!!!
    Ive raised abit for BHF as my neice has a blocked valve in her heart..then i raised abot for Cancer as my Mum was diagnosed 5 times with it over the years until it beat her 2 yrs ago..i idolised her.
    Now its my turn to do my bit for Dementia (my Dads in Chery tree home on fenton rd, and diabetes as my cousin& aunty are suffering with it)..its just my way of helping my other family members.
    Seeing my Dad sat on the care home corridor floor banging on the walls..having to fully clean him up from the waste down myself ... trying to remind him who his Wife was from photos is only the tip of the iceberg..and the rate in which he's deteriorated since going into the home on sept 8th is freightening.
    Set 8th eh..my birthday..what a feckin day that was.
    He doesn't want to be here anymore..its plain to see..
    Pete...i feel for ya pal i really do.

Hi VespaBri
    Most of us go through life supporting various appeals and we think we've done ok, a fiver here and there, but its people like yourself who take it to another level by actually DOING something about the terrible illnesses that can befall any of us. Your a credit to this site, your family and mankind in general . Well done

Thanks mate, just trying to do my bit...

Well done vespabri lad..your a credit to the human race.

Seeing first hand the heartbreak that dementia causes with my Nan..a very hard thing to deal with..breaks my heart every time I see her.

Terrible isn't it rev....!
    Thanks.

Just an update...the Entertainer will be doing a bit of stand up comedy on the night..get yourselves down to the trades everyone..be great to see you all.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast