+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George Thorne

Just ditch him ffs

Hes been paid a fortune by this club and we have little to show for it.

Whats the odds it twindles on for 2 or 3 months? Surely his teammates are getting annoyed by it aswell? Some of them havent missed a game in 2 years, whilst this sicknote is missing for years on end ffs

I know who I would like to get rid of and it's not George!

DcfcArmy. You make r4j look intelligent

thats one hell of a feat, but I see what you mean mista. I think they may actually be the same person (or twins) as they both display such ignorance at a level rarely seen in normal society!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Just ditch him ffs

Whats the odds it twindles on for 2 or 3 months? Surely his teammates are getting annoyed by it aswell? Some of them havent missed a game in 2 years, whilst this sicknote is missing for years on end ffs
    I've never heard so much garbage in my life!
    True we have little actual success in that time although I enjoyed getting to within a defensive mistake of likely beating a 10 man jammy QPR AT Wembley. Did you not enjoy that and recognise George's contribution?

As for his teammates getting annoyed???
    I dare bet as genuine colleagues of George and knowing they are a mis-timed tackle away from their career being ended prematurely , they have every sympathy with him.

I'm frustrated we aren't seeing George at his best which in this league, and in the DM position, he is probably peerless!

By the way, I hope if you are unfortunate enough to have an injury that stops you doing what your best at, that your employer shows a different attitude to yours!
    Looking at your posts, that injury is likely to be a wrist that cannot withstand vigorous movement!!

He is typing furiously, Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    He is typing furiously, Rob?
    Beating his lap(top)

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Just ditch him ffs

Good grief ,what a bell end we have here. Hope your family never read this and need your assistance in their life

Remember George is only 24 . We have in your words paid him a fortune , so we need to hang in there and let him get back playing and we can see what we have, if its clear we will never see him back to his best, after he gets playing again then a decision will have to be made .The rest of this year we should know one way or another so just relax

Eddy The thing is the club don't even have to pay him while he's injured the insurance company does that

Though his injury fustrated us all to death, he is still a top player we should keep a hold off and make him build up his game recovery slowly, he has been rushed back time and time again and he comes back injured and that is why we need to always have a back up in place for a situation such as this one, with George Thorne because having a ***** player out who is a game changer can prove very costly and we don't want that to keep happening when we are trying to gain promotion to the Premier League.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)