+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Expectations always far exceed the realities

Easy solution to the golf handicap BT --just give the clubs to a charity shop and enjoy a good walk without any frustration or worry.

Just going back to hitting a high draw with my new set of Pings. Doing OK too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ........ It looks like my son will be taking his mate on the Turf while I sort this drainage problem out in the back garden... .

Attachment 10857
    likely story BT - being it looks as if your smuggling in cheap labour from the east - to work on your Paddy....btw - any of them play Football ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

All are fans in their own way and I do not criticise them for the way they are, it is their own choice and rightly so, however, I am not a worrier these days and that is my take on the situation.
    them are just that way - them.....it's just the way they are - right Sub ?

so....what do you reckon - is your picture of these worriers - a tormented one - are they suffering pain - bad headaches perhaps...and to what shade of tribulation do we look , hair shirts....self flagellation even ?....all sounds most extreme !

norder --I don't have a picture of them --I just don't worry ---you have a vivid imagination so I leave things like that up to you.

norder --I don't have a picture of them --I just don't worry ---you have a vivid imagination so I leave things like that up to you.
    thats unfortunate, or perhaps fortunate - Sub....I was imagining much screaming and wailing - echoing around the streets of Burnley and abouts - so a relief really....as after reading through your Worry posts - I was begining to get a little....Worried.

but happily, all is well - so I'll will relax with a hot milk....put my feet up...and get out my latest flower arranging magazine - mmmmm that's better

Cheers bud.

"flower arranging magazine" Lol! Did you borrow it from Alf?

norder --that's much better, however, as I live a long way from Burnley, my contact with the locals is limited to say the least. My biggest problem, if I allowed it to be so, would be Toon fans crying into their beer, however, I quite enjoy that!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "flower arranging magazine" Lol! Did you borrow it from Alf?
    I never knew - anyway - would've thought he'd find his Lady of the Night....in another type of mag.

norder........... My biggest problem, if I allowed it to be so, would be Toon fans crying into their beer, however, I quite enjoy that!
    oh I see - Sub...now I understand, with all that Toon suffering thereabouts - was either distance the gloom - or be miserable...not much of a choice there then.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I never knew - anyway - would've thought he'd find his Lady of the Night....in another type of mag.

oh I see - Sub...now I understand, with all that Toon suffering thereabouts - was either distance the gloom - or be miserable...not much of a choice there then.

Only if you let it get to you!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)