+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce is a dead man walking.

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Bruce must take responsibility of course as Villa have better players than Cardiff, but then Liverpool have better players than Watford and Chelsea have better players than Burnley. That's why we love footy. On to the next.......
    Agree to a certain degree Picasso. SB continues to pick Gabby n Hutton= one short up front and a liability down the right flank. How many years has Gabby bi sh1t? Alan (Mr Bean) Hutton has always been sh1t, but hey, he has passion, he runs through brick walls for the club (hereby missing the ball) and he looks hard with his coloured arms.

So we have a serious achilles heal in defence and a crying shame of a disgrace as a player/ambassador up front. Add to that we have a manager (who may be a likeable bloke), who INSISTS on picking them both, and plays a system that bypasses midfield, yet buys shed loads of midfielders!!!!

AAHHH, I'm so disappointed.

I should of listened to 'Lefty' years ago, when he said never post until 36 hours after a match, let the head cool first, win lose or draw.

I will from now on!!

Let's not panic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Let's not panic yet.
    * Toothless, terrible, horrendous, string of four-letter words, pick your negative adjective(s). It was pathetic. Shots on target usually tell a compelling story — 12-1.

*That understates just how bad Aston Villa were. The heads dropped and every fan had flashbacks to recent years.

Exiled says “SB continues to pick Gabby n Hutton= one short up front and a liability down the right flank. How many years has Gabby bi sh1t?

* So we have a serious achilles heal in defence and a crying shame of a disgrace as a player/ambassador up front.

*Add to that we have a manager (who may be a likeable bloke), who INSISTS on picking them both”

Bongo, had I dare make such blasphemous observation re; “Mr Aston Villa” you'd be off on one of your ill conceived apoplectic/outbursts,

* With “rave” reviews like those above......Do give us the nod if the penny drops !

The whole team were shiit so let's not blame Gabby for everything.

I am with Bingo, no time to panic. Always 1/2 dozen games for me is the time to then reassess.

But I do hope the management and players are sweating a little.

Don't get me started on Gabby.

Spot in yubby. Let's hope is a big wake up call.

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    I am with Bingo, no time to panic. Always 1/2 dozen games for me is the time to then reassess.

But I do hope the management and players are sweating a little.

Don't get me started on Gabby.
    Yubby no one is saying it was strictly down to Hutton & Agbonlahor the unavoidable facts remain:

However hard Hutton works, he is culpable of single-handedly breaking up more attacks than our opponents as he gifts the ball to the opposition 95% of the time

Bruce must consider Lambert, Sherwood, Remi Garde, & Di Matteo were all mistaken with their professional assessments on Mr Aston Villa

The guys stats over the past 6 ½ seasons corroborate Gabby is a dud with a capital D

What position does he play in? Is he effective on the ball ?

I presume Bruce’s instructions “ Today Gabby just — go out and run around on the pitch aimlessly “

The inescapable facts are while ever Mr Bruce has playing we ain't never ever gonna progress

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Spot in yubby. Let's hope is a big wake up call.
    Especially for those who remain constantly dormant in Swansea eh ?

I don't live in Swansea anymore

Guys, calm down. The blame for yesterdays debacle does belong to anyone on here!

The blame clearly lies with Bruce and his coaching staff who strangely enough are all EX Blues staff / players!! Even with Mr Villa even with the Mighty John Terry, we look no different to last term, where is this experience in the ranks that would make a difference, have we now already turned Terry and Whelan into bad players already?

Taylor
    Terry
    Whelan
    Hurihane
    Landsbury
    Hogan

For example were all great players for their former clubs so why can they just not hack it at Villa Park??

Absolutely massive game on Tuesday and forget the result, this is now a statement of commitment, Can they respond and put in an away performance that shows we are making a difference, really, we need to go in a batter Norwich but me thinks we are going to end up with nothing and by Saturday we will be bottom of the league after 3 games! the only saving grace is that Newcastle lost their first 2 games but won the league.

Bruce has got to turn it round rather rapid or I can see him getting the boot by the end of the Month, he is now the bookies favourite to be the first in the sack race. This should be music to all our bombed out players and hopefully if he does go then take Gabby with him, No its not Gabby's fault but its like a jinx, while he is in the squad we look ****e.
    On top of all that we now have awoken the Noses and that is making me feel physically sick!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)