+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7

Does anyone know who the number seven was on Saturday?

Was it Declan Dunn? Small lad.

Dark hair ? Seemed quite capable at times.

Number 7 was Sam Osborne Delan Dunn was number 19

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Number 7 was Sam Osborne Delan Dunn was number 19
    A couple of those "ones for the future" who "aren't good enough" or "aren't ready yet".

You know, like Colby Bishop and Luther Wildin. Funny how they get better when someone actually gives them games and a chance to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    A couple of those "ones for the future" who "aren't good enough" or "aren't ready yet".

You know, like Colby Bishop and Luther Wildin. Funny how they get better when someone actually gives them games and a chance to develop.
    You usually talk sense jackal, but I'm afraid that's not the case here. For every one you cherry-pick like Colby Bishop (who drifted into non-league and has been signed by Accrington but hasn't played for them yet) and Luther Wildin (who did well for Stevenage but nothing better than League 2 so far) there are dozens and dozens of others we've released who have drifted down the leagues. The theory that you are promoting that "if we give them game time they will magically become good players" is a load of complete and utter bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You usually talk sense jackal, but I'm afraid that's not the case here. For every one you cherry-pick like Colby Bishop (who drifted into non-league and has been signed by Accrington but hasn't played for them yet) and Luther Wildin (who did well for Stevenage but nothing better than League 2 so far) there are dozens and dozens of others we've released who have drifted down the leagues. The theory that you are promoting that "if we give them game time they will magically become good players" is a load of complete and utter bollox.
    Of course there will be a lot of ones that never make it eLite but the complete and utter bollox here is being spouted by you. Some of the more talented young players need to be given a chance and if ever there was a time for that it is now! Nobody is suggesting we field 11 youth team players and nobody is expecting they become premier league stars (except Kion Etetes mum). If we can produce one or two players a season who go on to forage decent careers at L1 and L2 level that's enough for me and we need to break the mould of how we have scouted and signed players entirely. I am extremely surprised that you don't appear to get that. Instead lets continue to sign journey men has beens and so on on 5k a week and bankrupt the club. We are where we are in part due to our player and transfer approach. It needs wholesale change and blooding a few young uns is without a doubt part of the solution.

Colby Bishop is a poor example of 'success'. He's taken 3 years to get back into the EFL.

He left Notts in 2016 and has played the best part of 3 seasons in National North. Yes so Accrington Stanley have taken a punt on him having paid quote: " A nominal fee" to Leamington. I'm sorry but this is not another Mark Draper / Tommy Johnson we are talking about. He could just as easily return to non-league in a year's time as be some sort of success.

Luther Wildin? I don't know maybe he has the physique to play in EFL 2, or the National League? Somehow I think he'd be better suited to doing a Kion Etete and padding out a Premier League development squad...

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Some of the more talented young players need to be given a chance and if ever there was a time for that it is now!
    So tell me who those players are NOW, because anyone can name them with the benefit of hindsight. I don't remember you (or anyone else) complaining when we released Luther Wildin and Colby Bishop. Which young players deserves a chance?

If we can produce one or two players a season who go on to forage decent careers at L1 and L2 level that's enough for me and we need to break the mould of how we have scouted and signed players entirely. I am extremely surprised that you don't appear to get that.
    Don't be so f*cking stupid, of course I get that. Just name me the "one or two players a season who go on to forage decent careers at L1 and L2 level" that we've produced? Off the top of my head I can think of Curtis Thompson and Luther Wildin in the last five years. Please enlighten me as to the ones I've missed.

It needs wholesale change and blooding a few young uns is without a doubt part of the solution.
    Without doubt??? It's only part of the solution if the young uns are good enough. If not, they merely add to the problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast