+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There is at least hope now

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Swale, as you agree with my opinion but not the delivery, we are at loggerheads.
    This forum is for fans who pay good money to voice an opinion. They are not going to print my opinion in the Red Rag, The Match Day programme, nor anywhere else.
    I truly hope Tootle, Duffy, Jones and a few others either read or get to know how we feel. They have cheated us. All I ever expect of lower league players is to play the game, be committed, focussed and do their best.
    We're not at loggerheads, we simply disagree on what's acceptable behaviour. Have I banned you? Nope. Strangely, personal insults against players are different from personal insults against other posters apparently, as they are not specifically mentioned in the rules. Weird but true!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-02-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    We're not at loggerheads, we simply disagree on what's acceptable behaviour. Have I banned you? Nope. Strangely, personal insults against players are different from personal insults against other posters apparently, as they are not specifically mentioned in the rules. Weird but true!
    Have I banned you?????? Is that a veiled threat Swale????
    A forum is for fans to discuss, vent, applaud as they see fit as long as it's not offensive it should be allowed, you are a moderator not
    The King maker.
    Respond to my posts by all means, but only judge them if they're offensive.
    If you can't do that then ask yourself if you should be doing the role..

Don't ask that LB4E. There were no takers after Tarkers was booted out and so Swale was persuaded to make a comeback. If Swale resigns again our only option for the board's continuation might be the return of the Mexican. As a poster maybe, as a moderator no!
    Last edited by 60YearsAPie; 04-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Have I banned you?????? Is that a veiled threat Swale????
    A forum is for fans to discuss, vent, applaud as they see fit as long as it's not offensive it should be allowed, you are a moderator not
    The King maker.
    Respond to my posts by all means, but only judge them if they're offensive.
    No it's not a velied threat, just a fact. You made a personal insult (which could easily be deemed 'offensive' by the way) and I didn't ban you.

Oh and don't push it sunshine. Calling your volunteer moderator names isn't likely to aid your cause. Capisce? If you've been following this board for long you'll realise that I am doing this to help YOU
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-02-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    No it's not a velied threat, just a fact. You made a personal insult (which could easily be deemed 'offensive' by the way) and I didn't ban you.

Oh and don't push it sunshine. Calling your volunteer moderator names isn't likely to aid your cause. Capisce? If you've been following this board for long you'll realise that I am doing this to help YOU
    I find the term "Sunshine" highly offensive Swale !!! Who is moderating you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't be happy until everyone on here joins the happy clappy all aboard the doomsday bus.

Currently you're doing a great impression of John Bercow. Overstepping the mark, making it all about you.

I find the term "Sunshine" highly offensive Swale !!! Who is moderating you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't be happy until everyone on here joins the happy clappy all aboard the doomsday bus.

Currently you're doing a great impression of John Bercow. Overstepping the mark, making it all about you.
    You need to calm down.

Personally think we should now stay up, and with some comfort - like safe with 3 or 4 games to go. It was like watching a different team. Oh wait, it was a different team.... I know we've been unlucky with injuries, but the new players seem to have more backbone, and be up for the fight.

The only unknown is whether some of the players who have lost confidence and turned in aweful performances pre Lincoln, will play better if they get a chance. Suspect the new players will be the spine of the team.

Need to single out some great contributions on Saturday. Actually pretty easy, everyone played very well. Forgot what it was like to play with a midfield and a defence. Thought Stead and Millie also played well.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I don’t think it was an attack Swale but a fair statement on the comparison between them and those that played yesterday. He’s dead right as well, Jones is quite dreadful and would have been ripped a new one yesterday, Duffy would not have coped very well with Akinde and Toots hasn’t had many games much better than the game Rose played, and I really like Toots.

Yesterday showed us what we have been missing, players who can maintain a bit of shape, play to the managers instructions and show a level of grit and determination sadly lacking by others for most of this season.
    I was surprised Lincoln didn't use Andrade more in the second half, apart from winning the penalty he wasn't used much and kept going inside looking for the ball. He was by far their most potent attacking threat first half.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Personally think we should now stay up, and with some comfort - like safe with 3 or 4 games to go. It was like watching a different team. Oh wait, it was a different team.... I know we've been unlucky with injuries, but the new players seem to have more backbone, and be up for the fight.
    I wish I could share your optimism, but it seems an awful lot of it is being based on one game. If we play like that for the rest of the season we have a chance of staying up, but every good performance seems to have been followed by several poor ones. The only hope is that the new players have changed the mindset of the team, but it's a big ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I wish I could share your optimism, but it seems an awful lot of it is being based on one game. If we play like that for the rest of the season we have a chance of staying up, but every good performance seems to have been followed by several poor ones. The only hope is that the new players have changed the mindset of the team, but it's a big ask.
    Agreed.

3 to 4 games to go? That equals (if we are aiming for 50 points) 28 points from 12 - 13 games!

P12 W8 D4 L0 will get us there then.

I'm more optimistic than I was previously, but not that much!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast