+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blue Passports

New Blue Passports

...to be made in France.

Our current passport is made in Gateshead but they have lost the contract.

By the way, there would have been no problem to have produced our current passport in blue.

I doubt if anyone on here will be too mithered, but there will be plenty of traditionalists going apoplectic about this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43489462

The contract should go to the company that can meet the required quality at the cheapest price. If that company is French......so what ? I'm not in the least bit mithered about it, I've far more important things to worry about, like what's going to win the Lincoln on Saturday and longer term, the Grand National.

It's surely got to be Fire Brigade Sinkov?

It ticks all the boxes 59/60, including the name, it's the likeliest winner but I don't like the price. If some firms are paying on the first 5 or 6 on Saturday and I can get around 6/1 I might have an each-way bet, but with Moore booked already I would think it will keep on shortening.

Another p!ss poor performance from the clowns in Government.

I always thought that the passport was more black than blue.

Gemalto has won the tender (Lottery) all fair and square regardless of what silly appeal De La Rue are contemplating.

But our Government should have probed further and asked Gemalto and other's how much they would do it for if they were contracted to do it, then gone back to De La Rue and given it to them for a reasonable price stating Government Security and that it must be done by our own Company and not put it up for tender, after all France and other Countries state the same reason for doing it themselves.

But as per usual they throw us another P!ss poor reason "We have saved the taxpayer £120 Million", and most of the Country yet again swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Another p!ss poor performance from the clowns in Government.

I always thought that the passport was more black than blue.

Gemalto has won the tender (Lottery) all fair and square regardless of what silly appeal De La Rue are contemplating.

But our Government should have probed further and asked Gemalto and other's how much they would do it for if they were contracted to do it, then gone back to De La Rue and given it to them for a reasonable price stating Government Security and that it must be done by our own Company and not put it up for tender, after all France and other Countries state the same reason for doing it themselves.

But as per usual they throw us another P!ss poor reason "We have saved the taxpayer £120 Million", and most of the Country yet again swallow it.
    Yes, that's all well and good Alto, but what about Fire Brigade for the Lincoln at 5/1, is that value for money ?

I read that - Axalto and Gemplus merged in 2005/6 to form Gemalto.

....Texas Pacific Group and the Quandt family entities, Gemplus' largest shareholders

https://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/...gital-security

....TGP are an American investment company - Quandt are Germany's wealthiest family - and the entities ???

other shareholders.

http://investors.morningstar.com/own...nerCountry=USA

...and the board.

https://www.gemalto.com/companyinfo/board

...likely goes deeper - something like this....https://www.forbes.com/sites/brendan.../#2047c264685b

.......there are no Nations !

It's a complete no-brainer Sinkov.

The jockey will even be sporting a claret top with sky blue sleeves.

It is written in the stars.

I may even have a quid on it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes, that's all well and good Alto, but what about Fire Brigade for the Lincoln at 5/1, is that value for money ?
    Have not touched the gee gee's for over a decade 59, used to lose my wage every week, then realised (at the time) there was plenty of paying in windows in the bookies but only one that paid out.

I only do fun bets on Football now, but I did win a pretty penny when Coyle took us up to the Prem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)