+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Blue Bottle.What a wee Maggot turns into

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    A rare moment of healthy cynicism from the board's squeaky clean optimist!
    Siddles you old charmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Is this a coincidence, or could it be, as AH has actually been trying to sell Notts for a while, their plan was for HK to be appointed? And then things fell through? Just saying.
    Interesting hypothesis! Perhaps explains the itchy trigger to get rid of Kewell if things went wrong? I put it down to the fact Ardley had become available, Kewell hadn't really done anything and the fans were turning but it adds up even more if it wasn't Hardy's pick in the first place?

By all accounts, he has been trying to sell for some time.Rumours he could have a hefty divorce bill in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Is this a coincidence, or could it be, as AH has actually been trying to sell Notts for a while, their plan was for HK to be appointed? And then things fell through? Just saying.
    Or Hardy thought that by appointing Kewell it would put him in a stronger position in terns of selling to the Ozzies. It was odd how seemingly desperate we were to get him considering his record. It wasn't bad but clearly a risk.

Looking back on it, this possible explanation re the Kewell debacle does seem to join a few dots

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    By all accounts, he has been trying to sell for some time.Rumours he could have a hefty divorce bill in the pipeline
    Is he married? He's never once referred to his wife to my knowledge, he always mentions his kids but never a wife or partner

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Is he married? He's never once referred to his wife to my knowledge, he always mentions his kids but never a wife or partner
    Maybe that's why never mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Interesting hypothesis! Perhaps explains the itchy trigger to get rid of Kewell if things went wrong? I put it down to the fact Ardley had become available, Kewell hadn't really done anything and the fans were turning but it adds up even more if it wasn't Hardy's pick in the first place?
    I'll have a pint of what you two have been drinking....

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I'll have a pint of what you two have been drinking....
    What is mad in what I have said there? Kewell's sacking was suspiciously close to the removal of Ardley from AFC Wimbledon and we had been turned down by Wimbledon to talk to Ardley before we appointed Kewell. That to me says that Ardley was one of the favourites but Hardy had reasons to appoint Kewell, it certainly wasn't his record as it was bang average at best, so maybe it was a teaser to get Australian investment or a takeover? But let me guess MiG, you have insider knowledge that you just won't tell because you don't have any?

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast