+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Kilmarnock Official Match Thread

I see all the sympathy for Gleeson and find it quite remarkable that he has been receiving as much.
    When we play Kilmarnock especially at home why would we need Gleeson to be involved from the start of a match? Two sitting midfielders in front of 4 f@cking defenders against Kilmarnock!
    One man up front? Holy sh!t , no wonder we are powderpuff going forward with such a defensive unit. When you start a match like that with such a defensive set up and you find that you will be up against it if you concede first.
    McInnes and his two sitting midfielders are holding the club back...an absolute abomination of tactics for taking the match to teams at home in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Forrester did well in what I think will be his main role in the coming season. His warm up in front of the RDS was well-received. His movement back to front (RDS warm up area to dugout) was impressive. Stamina didn't seem to be a problem and he was never caught in possession. Most of his work was off-the-ball though.
    I think we will find he will be at his best when the ball is not at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I wonder what kind of discussions go on between manager and the board. Has anyone behind the scenes actually noticed that it has been stale for some time now? Have they forgot that it is their job to do something about it?
    The board are happy with what we have. The odd 2nd, 3rd, semi and final. They've zero ambition of actually winning anything.
    But hey, the new team are here, stronger league n aw that pish.

Phuck off Milne.

Thought yesterday was awful. Ok - ref bad. Sending off - bad. Free kick - bad. Fine. BUT that shouldn't disguise just how bad we are. One win in 4 -a penalty goal against the only team in the league without a point.

Summer(ish) "buys" - Hoban - injured, Forrester - sub, Gleeson - subbed early (???), Wilson - injured, Cosgrove - sub, Devlin - red card (harsh - yes). Ball - sub.

Ferguson, Gleeson and Lowe look as though they will be good though.

May - out for a year - played 12 games in 2 years- we buy him.
    Devlin - out for a year - we buy him
    Hoban - has played 23 games in 6 years

I know it might look as though I'm criticizing Devlin - I'm not. I think he is a good player but his signing was a risk and it does appear to be part of a pattern.

McInnes said after the Motherwell game that he felt it had been poor transfer windows that had given us problems. What's changed?

Our resident spin doctor afc1903mad has been conspicuous by his absence post yesterday’s debacle.

Could it be that even he, the Jedi master of happy clapping, cannot polish that particular turd 😳

Thats the most damning indictment on Del’s team and tactics yesterday yet....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Our resident spin doctor afc1903mad has been conspicuous by his absence post yesterday’s debacle.

Could it be that even he, the Jedi master of happy clapping, cannot polish that particular turd 😳

Thats the most damning indictment on Del’s team and tactics yesterday yet....
    Maybe he’s stuck up McInnes a**e?
    As much as Thomson the absolute c**t screwed us with the red card & also their first goal (2 major game changing decisions), we were poor, & the lack of creativity & goals in the team is 100% McInnes fault
    In terms of tactics & personnel.
    Undoubtedly.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I see all the sympathy for Gleeson and find it quite remarkable that he has been receiving as much.
    When we play Kilmarnock especially at home why would we need Gleeson to be involved from the start of a match? Two sitting midfielders in front of 4 f@cking defenders against Kilmarnock!
    One man up front? Holy sh!t , no wonder we are powderpuff going forward with such a defensive unit. When you start a match like that with such a defensive set up and you find that you will be up against it if you concede first.
    McInnes and his two sitting midfielders are holding the club back...an absolute abomination of tactics for taking the match to teams at home in this league.
    I,m not saying it's right and I'm not saying it's wrong but the trusted DM formation of 4231 saw us with the best record against everyone else in the league last year, apart from the ugly sisters. So whilst the formation may not result in pretty football, it has been very effective in the past.

I think there's an awful lot of settling in needed to be done because of all the new players - unfortunately at our level short term contracts and loans are going to have the way to go. I think Milne and DM have played a belter by getting McKenna to sign a long term contract. Hopefully they can get Anderson to do the same.

I've watched the Devlin incident a number of times and the red card decision was a shocking decision. Logan could easily have come across and covered. The ref's decision completely ruined the game as did his missing of the basketball like handball in the build up to the free kick which led to the goal.

Having said all that some of DM's substitutions were baffling. I hate slagging our own players, but Cosgrove is dreadful. I'm 54, through illness I haven't been able to run for 17 years and I'm now in a wheelchair 99% of the time. I still think I'd be capable of outscoring Cosgrove given the chance.

I don't buy the settling in arguement. It either clicks or it doesn't. Hearts have clicked for instance.

He's tactically retarted and everything has gone stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't buy the settling in arguement. It either clicks or it doesn't. Hearts have clicked for instance.

He's tactically retarted and everything has gone stagnant.
    I thought you said we shouldn’t give a f@ck about other teams in the SPFL

The whole club has gone stagnant

We must be the most boring club in world football

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast